IGNORED

Article: Major Changes For Roon in Version 1.8

2 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Still no word about (supported) remote access / mobile mode.  I guess that will be reserved for 2.0 :/

Nevertheless, looking forward to the newish UI and expanded "smarts", especially in Classical handling :)

Roon team will send 5 updates the comming days, reveal more features etc. before final launch. 

6 hours ago, mfsoa said:

I still want a folder view. I put my files in folders for a reason and now they cannot be used as intended (I have 2L folder that I used to play from. Now those tunes can no longer be selected without a lot of work as Roon has scattered them asunder). I didn't ask Roon to make it much harder to find those files.

Why can't I just tell Roon to look for my files in the exact same way Iook for every other file on my PC?

The trick is bookmarks 

27 minutes ago, johncurley102381 said:

sorry, i saw multiple people talking about roon sound quality, thought it would be okay to ask those people a question.  Won't be back

Please don’t be afraid to start a tread. Many will help you. 
Your subject is very interesting to discuss. 
(It may been discussed elsewhere). 

A small warning to all Roon users:

If you update the Roon core before the control app is available, you will loose access to the Roon core from that device. 

Danny Dali says:

we will go live everywhere at the same time. this means the core and desktop apps, which we control, will go out at once worldwide.

however, apple app store and google play store will roll out more slowly… some will get it right away, some countries will be delayed a bit (minutes to hours).

if you take a core update before you your app store update is available, you will be Roon-less on that device.

I see the alternative reasoning, but I don’t consider “holding back core updates” a viable option, so it’s not something I would recommend.

3 hours ago, R1200CL said:

A small warning to all Roon users:

If you update the Roon core before the control app is available, you will loose access to the Roon core from that device. 

Danny Dali says:

we will go live everywhere at the same time. this means the core and desktop apps, which we control, will go out at once worldwide.

however, apple app store and google play store will roll out more slowly… some will get it right away, some countries will be delayed a bit (minutes to hours).

if you take a core update before you your app store update is available, you will be Roon-less on that device.

I see the alternative reasoning, but I don’t consider “holding back core updates” a viable option, so it’s not something I would recommend.

A small edit. 

• Roon 1.7 apps will not work with a 1.8 Roon Core
  • Roon 1.8 apps will not work with a 1.7 Roon Core
  • Roon Bridge devices remain compatible with both 1.7 and 1.8
  • Roon Ready devices remain compatible with both 1.7 and 1.8