IGNORED

Article: Major Changes For Roon in Version 1.8

I second ASRMichael

All the fluff is nice, but I do not need help to know what to listen to.

Not that I would stop using HQP, but there is a "Roon Tax" when I listen to Roon alone.

Still, it's great to see the return on the license fees we pay. 

Mac Mini Late 2014 (16G/SSD) w Uptone JS-2 w OWC Thunderbay 4 Mini RAID (JS-2) / Roon

Aqua LinQ w EtherCon cable (Ghent) w Uptone EtherRegen w Uptone JS-2

Aqua Formula xHD w Ocellia RCA Interconnect & Shunyata Delta NR

Kora TB 200 Integrated Amplifier w Audio Art Power Cable

Magico V2 w Ocellia speaker cables w Shunyata Dark Field Elevator & JL Audio E-Sub e110 X 2

All equipment, including subwoofer on Modulum platforms (modulumaudio.com)

It really took me a while to understand that Roon is not just a music player for my Tidal and CD albums. It is also a librarian/superb record store employee that gives me additional info about the albums I'm listening to and potentially related albums that I might be interested in.

That's why initially, I really think of Roon the same way @ASRMichael and @jacques_racine did. 

But because others rave about Roon so much, I am forcing myself to explore more outside of my comfort zone or even within my comfort zone based on what Roon has to offer and I'm slowly appreciating it more.

I'm curious how much improved the Classical Music sorting is setup because that would affect me the most in terms of ease of exploring the same works by the same composers performed by different performers. I guess I'll find out next week...

Looks good. It will be great if they make it easier to find and navigate classical music.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, jhwalker said:

Still no word about (supported) remote access / mobile mode.  I guess that will be reserved for 2.0 :/

Nevertheless, looking forward to the newish UI and expanded "smarts", especially in Classical handling :)

Roon team will send 5 updates the comming days, reveal more features etc. before final launch. 

1 hour ago, InVinoVeritasty said:

That’s what I thought. I will as soon as I finish tuning my ethernet cable.

If you don’t notice then lucky you. Keep it that way. In a way I actually regret trying something else, otherwise I may still be using Roon. But I can’t knowing the step up from other media players out there. Just my opinion. 

I tune my Ethernet cable once a year roughly! That usually involves upgrading my Sablon cable. 😂