IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

@AfterDark.

The 3 output clock looks very interesting

I have a few questions if I may:

1. Is there an option to customize the outputs? 2 sine, 1 square, or any other combination
  2. Can you produce additional levels of phase? King, Signature?
  3. Since you also sell Mutec products I would like to also get your opinion. What do you recommend to add to a system first:
    1. MUTEC MC-3+ SMART CLOCK USB, before the DAC 
    2. GIESEMANN OCXO 10MHZ X TRIPLE OUTPUTS, to only feed the Etherregen

Which would give more improvement in your opinion as first step?

I am thinking of adding both and then have the clock feed both ER and Mutec, but want to get an idea which would be better as first step

For reference my signal path is:  ISP network router -> Sonore optical module deluxe-> fiber -> Etheregen -> minidsp SHD studio -> Chord Qutest

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Hello GMG,

Thanks for your questions on the 3 outputs Giesemann Clock. We are making them possible for group buy if we can finalise the specifications accordingly to R1200CL.

Question 1:  The 3 output version is fixed in Square Wave

Question 2: The additional levels such as King, Emperor Signature to Giesemann Eva can be customised

Question 3: Mutec is an excellent product, we recommend to work with Giesemann Clock.  For using Roon, Tidal or Qobuz for digital streaming, EtherREGEN is a best way to improve the digital playback. 

You will be impressed If you connect both Mutec Mc3-USB and EtherREGEN with Giesemann Clock, the improvement will be huge and worth every money spend, especially if you have 2 units of EtherREGEN, and 1 unit of Mutec MC3-USB. So, 3 outputs clock is quite flexible for future upgrades.  

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thanks Adrian

I already have and love the ER. 
I need to spread out my upgrades so wonder which do you recommend to get first, the Mutec or the Giesemann?

Also, does the Mutec accept sine or square wave clock signal?

Have a question about stability

We all know that the clocks are sensitive to vibration and to temperature changes. OCXO should be stable in varying temp by design, so if the environment temp changes around the clock it should not have a significant effect. To achieve this the clock has to be able to warm up for a couple of hours and therefore it is recommended to be left powered all the time.

What about the effect of vibrations? How long does it take the clock to stabilize after a "vibration"? let's say you move the clock while still powered on, how long before it is stabilized again?

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! GMG,

Thanks for your question. The OCXO is design to work with powers on all the time, the Giesemann clock will reach its performance around 3 hours, up to 7days and 35days to reach its max performance. The waiting is all rewarding and worth it. The sounding will be more laid back and silky smooth after runs in. 

For moving the clock or unplug the BNC clock cable from the devices , we recommended to switch the power off first. It is for safety reason for audiophile devices. So, it is suggested to connect every clock cables to all devices, before power on the Giesemann Clock. The Giesemann Clock will be operated in 1 second. However, the burn-in time will be re-start agains. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thanks Adrian,

I was just referring to small movement of the clock. Like maybe for removing dust, or just moving 1-2cm on the shelf to make room for other equipment. Or even movement/vibration due to kids jumping around near the system...

In these situations the power is not unplugged,

How long would it take for the clock to get stable again. hopefully not weeks :-)

35days sound really long for stabilization. Can you roughly quantify the difference in performance? 

for example:

3 hours - 90%

7day - 99.9%

14 days - 99.99%

35days - 99.9999%

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! MasterWarzombi,

Thanks for your questions.

1 - As soon as the clock is stay powered on, unplug ER does not affect the burn in process at the clock.

2 - Yes, it does not rest the burn in. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian 

AfterDark. 

What happens when there is a power outage? How does it effect the turn on sequence?

I understood that for the Etherregen to sync to the clock you need to first power on the clock and only then power on the Etherregen. 
when everything turns on together after a power outage will the ER be able to sync ok with the clock?

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, TRIODE4 said:

That is the one I have, loose fit into the clock,  maybe it is the female connector? Also, as I asked before is my warranty valid?

Just gently push a fine flat head screw driver into the slit in the male pin to make the slit just a little bit more open. It will make the connection snug.