IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

1 hour ago, fsmithjack said:

Has anyone else ordered the  After Dark Queen - Square Wave EtherREGEN edition and used with their EtherRegen? Curious what other members think of it?

Thanks   

I have also one of these  Queen square Wave AS edition in transit right now. It has just left HK. 

I have now the other inexpensive clock and it will be interesting to hear if there is a difference ( there must be😉) Have you ordered a powersupply as well or what will you use? I have a Sean jacobs DC-2 that will be doing its job.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

1 hour ago, MasterWarzombie said:

I received my Afterdark Clock yesterday for France.
Neat and fast packaging. Thank you Adrien.

So I have the Queen - Square Wave version in 75 Ohm. The supplied cable is not red but black on the photo on the site. I do not know if it is the same quality of cable as that in 50 ohm.

The Clock has been burning since last night. It turned all night and all day

It's all new to me in my quest for a better experience.
Music seems less "metallic" or "tiring"

There is a sheet stuck under the clock, I don't know what it's for. Maybe for interference.

So I switched to the ER in external Clock mode.
I don't technically know how it works. The afterDark resynchronizes the internal clock of the ER? or it purely replaces the origin?
I have not had the experience of switching to external Clock mode without putting the BNC cable. Does a sound come out? :)
What is disturbing is that there is no indicator light.

To be continued

No indicator light is not good.... Not 100% certain but I believe the external clock bypasses the internal eR crystek clock.

Please share more of your coming listening impressions if you can.

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Magnuska,

Thanks for your sharing, we are really appreciated you love Giesemann Clock and impressed with the improvement made. The Emperor Double Crown is the sweet spot between price and actual SQ improvement. The improvement compared with Queen will be huge. 

P.S. Keep burn in for 7 days until 35 days, we are quite confidence the improvement will surprise you. 

We received one customer feedback of flagship Giesemann EVA to connect Mutec MC-3+ USB:

Adrian...
thank you for your wonderful Masterclock development. All of your claims have become true. Sound is more analogue, more detailed, more micro details, more depth, more body... just wonderful. I am absolutely in love with this nice piece of equipment.
Thank you for your work.
UNQUOTE 

Thanks again and have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Thank you - have not yet tried the Pioneer CD-ripper you sent me. Should be exciting too. It looks very sturdy.

22 minutes ago, Mjw21a said:

Actually,  I've mostly exhausted areas to improve my system.  I'm down to getting better power cables and trying things like OCXO clocks. Even without the clock it sounds quite spectacular so I'm particularly interested to see what this does.

I've been shocked by just how much difference a certain power cable out of China has made. The difference is up there with swapping RCA interconnects for better. Completely unexpected.  I'm now in the process of changing all the power cables in my two main systems.  ;)

Yeah, I know. Power cables right? I won't hold it against you if you think I'm deluded.  :D

Not at all.😊 For me I strive for balance in a system. I agree that look into power and distribution should be one of the first thing to consider. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, SethARider said:

It is good idea to go with higher model right away. I made the same mistake and bought Queen 75 ohm EtherRegen version.

I ‘m using farad super 3 with level 2 silver to power it and I have it on for the last 25 days. It improved SQ up to the point, that just few days after I received it I ordered 75 ohm Emperor Eva for which I am waiting now.

Another huge improvement was changing bnc cable.

Another when I put it on audio shelf, then on stillpoint ultra 6 and I weighted it down with HRS dpx05545 (around 3 lbs).

Hi, to wich BNC cable did you change?