IGNORED

Queries on your AfterDark items

Hello! Roasty,

The Giesemann LPS is new design for Giesemann OCXO Clock, the power supply is having very low noise floor with extra filtering, the transmission is further enhanced by Furutech NCF IEC Inlet.

The power supply is rated at 12V 1.9A, it is dual outputs with 12V. 

The outlets is 2.1mm on both sockets. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

On 2/7/2021 at 12:24 AM, MasterWarzombie said:

Hi,

I want details for my ER.

1- Etherregen is 75 ohm. The afterdark is 50 ohm. Does the adapator degrade the signal?
2- The QUEEN -SQUARE WAVE 75OHM SPECIAL EDITION is that it is directly into 75 ohm, no need for the adapter?
What is the difference with the other versions?
3-Uptone says on their site that there is no need to add an external clock. He changed his mind with your AfterDark external clock?

merci

HI! MasterWarzombi,

Thanks for your question related to Giesemann clock and EtherREGEN.

Here is the answer:

Question 1 -  We will provide the matching ohm adaptor which is made from Cybershaft, and they have certified with measuring instrument, to ensure they are in lab grade product for audio application. 

• Agilent E5061A Network Analysis
  • HP35678A 50ohm Calibration Kit
  • HP11854A 50ohm BNC Accessory Kit
  • Wiltron 75ohm Termination 26N75A 

AfterDark. is collaborated with Cybershaft to promote their excellent product along with EtherREGEN. Mr. Kenji san from Cybershaft give us more information in related to the matching adaptors from last November 2020. 

影像預覽

影像預覽

Dear Adrian,

This mail thread was created for technical information exchange.

<T001> Impedance matching of external clock input of Uptone EtherREGEN

We report using our product CYB-MA01 to make the external clock input of EtherREGEN with 75ohm impedance compatible with 50ohm.

We used the 75ohm EtherREGEN you arranged for us in July.

By installing CYB-MA01 for EtherREGEN 75ohm external clock input, SWR = 1.0225, showing very good matching.

( The characteristics of SWR = 1.0225 are comparable to inconsistencies on a 1m cable, for example. It's a very small value. )

This data and photos can be shared and reprinted by you and us.

We hope that this information will be useful to you and your customers.

We hope that you and we will post new technical information to each other in this email thread.

Best regards,

Kenji Hasegawa

UNQUOTED

Question 2:  The QUEEN -SQUARE WAVE 75OHM SPECIAL EDITION is that it is directly into 75 ohm, no need for the adapter? 

• Yes, Square Wave version is in 75ohm and no adaptor is required, which is special edition for EtherREGEN.

Question 3: Uptone says on their site that there is no need to add an external clock. He changed his mind with your AfterDark external clock?

• We receive a lot of customer feedbacks, the Giesemann Clock is much better, cannot live without it
  • For customer, if using Mutec MC3-USB, upgrade with Giesemann Clock is the best option for improve their audiophile system.  

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, MarkoL said:

Hello @AfterDark.,

I've bought AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX GIESEMAN OCXO 10MHZ REFERENCE MASTER CLOCK Emperor Signature and I'd like to upgrade to Emperor Crown.

my invoice number is 0050

Thank you

Hi! MarkoL,

Thanks for your upgrade. We noticed the request for upgrade to Emperor Crown. 

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MarkoL said:

Hi Adrian,

My order arrived but it is not Emperor Crown as requested but Emperor Signature and there are some items missing for my order. Please PM me so we can sort this out. 

Thank you

Hello! MarkoL,

Thanks for your email.  We shall follow up with pm. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1 minute ago, Abishop said:

Hello. I am waiting for my emperor double crown and lps. Do you ship it with with a 2.1 dc cable. Thank you. 

Hello! Abishop,

Thanks for your email. May I have your order number? I believed you will receiving it soon.

For the cables on audiophilestyle group buy, every combo with Giesemann Clock and LPS will comes with one stock 2.1 DC Cable and one BNC Clock cable in 1M inside the package. So, customer can be plug and play when received it.

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

4 minutes ago, Roasty said:

Adrian, will you be sending me the fiber/ethernet media converter which was missed out from my order twice? 

Hi! Roasty,

Thanks for your message. The caption item shall dispatch to post office on Monday.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

24 minutes ago, MarkoL said:

Hi Adrian,

Looks like that Geisemann clock that I got cannot work with my dCS Network Bridge. I'm emailing with Frank back and forth in order to find the best solution for me. I'm looking at  Giesemann Word Clock x 10M Master Clock for dCS system and it seems that this is something that will work for me. I'm interested in price for Emperor Double Crown. Please advise

Thanks

Hi! MarkoL,

Thanks for your question. We are sorry to hear that the last order item was not working for your dCS NB. We have communicated with Frank our US dealer to give you the best solution for upgrade. I shall email you for the trade-in arrangements. Let me explains some of the features.  

AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX GIESEMANN WORD CLOCK X 10M MASTER CLOCK FOR DCS SYSTEMthumbnail_image4_a07ad686-1ed9-47da-92dc

The new version is tailor made for one of our customer which he use dCS before, and his old Mutec MC3 dead, so he want to use Giesemann with word clock output from the OCXO, so we build him a very first unit last month. 

This version has three outputs:   

Output 1:  Word Clock 44.1Mhz 

Output 2:  Word Clock 48Mhz 

Output 3:  10M Master Clock 

Output 1 and 2 can be plug into dCS NB, plug and play and sync in a second.

Output 3 can be utilised in the future devices, such as EtherREGEN, Mutec MC3-USB

So, we can have every devices sync with single Giesemann Clock. 

The Emperor Double Crown is an excellent choices. The improvement will be huge when you have high resolution system. 

Thanks for your interested and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Marko,

Thanks for your questions. For the upgrades of dCS version, the trade in unit of Giesemann may return to our HK address which we provided. The shipping fee will be reimbursed to you afterwards.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

19 hours ago, BCRich said:

Hi Adrian,

Looking for status on order #5861.

Showing in transit for 12 days now.

Sent you email as well.

Thanks….Mike

HI! Mike, 

Your order was dispatch to EMS Speedpost, we are following up with them and see if they have updated status. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 6:54 AM, BCRich said:

Hi Adrian,

Question.....

Are the two outputs of the Black Modernize Hi-Current LPS Galvanically Isolated?

Thanks....Mike 

Hi! Mike,

You will be impressed with the performance. The latest version is outperform most of the LPS at the same price, the two output is rated at total 5A@12V. Two outputs is non isolated with GX16 port for maxmiun contacts, Furutech Rh FI-03 IEC, Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse enhanced, Transfromer from BLOCK.de from Germany, Carbon Fiber front and back plate.

thumbnail_IMG_3662_2048x.jpg?v=161718856