IGNORED

Do exist audiophile PCIe DAC cards?

Sure there is....

EVGA - Products - EVGA NU Audio Card, 712-P1-AN01-KR, Lifelike Audio, PCIe, RGB LED, Designed with Audio Note (UK) - 712-P1-AN01-KR

That was the first hit for me from Google. There is a thread on this card, on this forum somewhere.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

20 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Sure there is....

EVGA - Products - EVGA NU Audio Card, 712-P1-AN01-KR, Lifelike Audio, PCIe, RGB LED, Designed with Audio Note (UK) - 712-P1-AN01-KR

That was the first hit for me from Google. There is a thread on this card, on this forum somewhere.

In the same price range there is another one:

https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-ae-9

But I would both not regard as audiophile, the target seems to be gaming.

I thought a real audiophile one maybe in the price range of 1k+.......

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

2 minutes ago, matthias said:

In the same price range there is another one:

https://en.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-ae-9

But I would both not regard as audiophile, the target seem to be gaming.

I thought a real audiophile one maybe in the price range of 1k+.......

Matt

I think you might be surprised. I have a SB Z in my PC and is is great for the price and sounds good as wall. Don't let the gaming bit throw you off. The SB cards can do exclusive mode in JRiver, that I have loaded on my PC. But, I also have a TEAC UD-501 DAC, so that is my primary for music.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

18 minutes ago, botrytis said:

I think you might be surprised. I have a SB Z in my PC and is is great for the price and sounds good as wall. Don't let the gaming bit throw you off. The SB cards can do exclusive mode in JRiver, that I have loaded on my PC. But, I also have a TEAC UD-501 DAC, so that is my primary for music.

I agree, they might be good performers in their price range, but does something exist as competition to an external USB-DAC, a serious device as DAC only without ADC?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 hour ago, Gregory said:

From the RME you can check https://rme-audio.com/internal-cards.html
but probably overkill for just audio playback

I have couple of RME HDSPe AIO cards, but I have those primarily for the digital input reasons. They work OK as ADC and DAC too, but the DAC side is capable of only 192/24 PCM and not as fancy as the EVGA which can do up to 384/32 PCM and DSD256.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame the EVGA doesn't sport other S/PDIF outputs like coax or balanced AES/EBU, other than Toslink. My RME9632 does, but it doesn't fit into the PCI slot of my new Gigabyte Z390D mobo. The Lynx AES16e fits the bill, but it's not cheap..

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

6 minutes ago, phusis said:

It's a shame the EVGA doesn't sport other S/PDIF outputs like coax or balanced AES/EBU, other than Toslink. My RME9632 does, but it doesn't fit into the PCI slot of my new Gigabyte Z390D mobo. The Lynx AES16e fits the bill, but it's not cheap..

I have couple of RME HDSPe AIO cards for that purpose...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

8 minutes ago, Miska said:

I have couple of RME HDSPe AIO cards for that purpose...

Cool unit, thanks for pointing that out. Quite comparable to the Lynx, it appears - maybe even more so. I'd intend using it with AES/EBU output via my dedicated Mundorf-wired digital XLR cable. The RME9632 AES/EBU output compared quite well with my Audiophilleo2, so the HDSPe AIO Pro should be very interesting..

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)