IGNORED

HOLO Audio MAY DAC vs DENAFRIPS Terminator Plus

Hi, have any of you had a chance to compare Holo May with Denafrips Terminator Plus? I am currently using a 3k US DAC SPaudio D1 ESS 9028Pro, Femto clock and I would like to switch to the R2R architecture because it seems to me that R2R just plays music and not just tones (so far I have only heard R2R Denafrips Venus II). The transport is a fanless headless NUC 8i7 with LPSU plus galvanic isolation and reclock USB signal. Thank you in advance for your opinions. 

1 hour ago, PavelDosko said:

why KTE ... In my experience, it depends not only on the design itself but also on the quality of the individual components used, and here the KTE version has an advantage over other Holo May versions.

https://www.kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/#tab-all-three-models-explained

Just curious, did you directly compare KTE vs. other May version?

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

I didn't compare the individual versions of Holo May, but during my long life in hifi I simply have the experience that the same project with the use of higher quality components is better than with the use of "basic" components. I build speakers myself and believe that even with the same design, let's say speaker crossovers, the use of higher quality components is a great benefit, such cabling inside the devices, connectors, fuses, etc ...

26 minutes ago, PavelDosko said:

I didn't compare the individual versions of Holo May, but during my long life in hifi I simply have the experience that the same project with the use of higher quality components is better than with the use of "basic" components. I build speakers myself and believe that even with the same design, let's say speaker crossovers, the use of higher quality components is a great benefit, such cabling inside the devices, connectors, fuses, etc ...

I disagree, 

there is no other way than to compare the versions by listening.

The KTE uses silver transformers and silver wiring which can lead to an unpleasant balancing, so listening is mandatory.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)