IGNORED

Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock Listening Impression

Hi! 

We received some positive feedback from AfterDark. Combo of Emperor Signature SE + Black Modernize LPS. Both devices connected to EtherREGEN. 

image.thumb.png.f5518f957272de8afb3a971bbb5109c1.png

Best Regards,

Adrian

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! 

We just received a happy customer to enhance the EtherREGEN sounding with Giesemann Clock. It is just amazing.

Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

9EEE6BDC-F787-4CC1-B24D-C935D3372A56.thumb.jpeg.1222a26b2121db9febdc5bdae93f9291.jpeg

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Hi! 

We received some positive feedback from AfterDark. Giesemann Clock - Prince connected to Gustard U18. 

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

image.thumb.png.f51e13b324dc6d4143874b585daaee8a.png

• 3 months later...

Hi! 

We received some positive feedback from AfterDark. Giesemann Clock - Emperor Triple Crown 50ohms Edition with Black Modernize LPS. 

2108805064_Screenshot2022-09-17at10_40_35AM.thumb.jpg.553ce9753cbe178f252bb7ac19b15217.jpg

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

• 6 months later...

Hi! 

We have received some positive feedback from Giesesmann OCXO  Reference 10M Clock Grade: King to use with EtherREGEN. 

"The sound big improvement all across...."

Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.png.3a8887e7f6f2bd6726c684575aee1353.png

• 4 months later...

Hi! 

We received a positive feedback from Audiophile using the Giesemann King 10M Master Clock for Gustard U18 DDC. The result is amazing and impressive. 

Enjoy Music with Giesemann Master Clock!!! 

Have a nice weekend. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.thumb.jpeg.be3b425ab9fb4b0e01402b0b3d2f5e11.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Hi! 

Happy New Year!!!

We are delighted to received a positive feedback from Audiophile using the Giesemann Clock - Grade KING with EtherREGEN and Gustard R26. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.thumb.png.1b4f79da7cec66eee32ae26336da7975.png

I, too, am having excellent listening experiences after moving my AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 75 ohm MC from my EtherREGEN to be instead the external clock input for my Gustard R26.  My system has never sounded this good.  However, I found that I got much better bass definition and impact if I used a 75 ohm to 50 ohm BNC matching pad at the end of the AfterDark-supplied 75 ohm clock cable and the input to the Gustard external clock, which is nominally 50 ohm.  I got the matching pad here:  https://www.fairviewmicrowave.com/matching-pad-75-ohm-bnc-male-50-ohm-bnc-female-2-ghz-si1500-p.aspx

This configuration sounds better to me than using the AD Emperor Double Crown as external clock to my EtherREGEN.  I am considering getting a second AD Master Clock for my EtherREGEN, but will probably wait until its ER Gen 2 version is released and make a decision from there.

See a diagram of my current signal paths in my profile.

WAN (direct from router - no other switches in signal path) or LAN (NAS) > DX Engrg DXE ISO-Plus > BJC Cat 6a > DX Engrg DXE ISO-Plus > Uptone Audio EtherRegen powered by Uptone Audio LPS 1.2 @12v with AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10 MHz External Master Clock powered by AfterDark Modernize LPS > RPi4b/Pi2AES powered by Ferrum Hypsos LPS at 24v running Volumio as end point using Spotify Desktop App or JRiver > I2S over ethernet UTP > Metrum Onyx NOS DAC w/DAC3 Upgrade Modules > balanced AES/EBU > PS Audio SGC Preamp > balanced AES/EBU > Parasound A23 > NHT Classic Towers with dual sealed NHT subwoofers using miniDSP digital xover

8 hours ago, Qstik said:

I, too, am having excellent listening experiences after moving my AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 75 ohm MC from my EtherREGEN to be instead the external clock input for my Gustard R26.  My system has never sounded this good.  However, I found that I got much better bass definition and impact if I used a 75 ohm to 50 ohm BNC matching pad at the end of the AfterDark-supplied 75 ohm clock cable and the input to the Gustard external clock, which is nominally 50 ohm.  I got the matching pad here:  https://www.fairviewmicrowave.com/matching-pad-75-ohm-bnc-male-50-ohm-bnc-female-2-ghz-si1500-p.aspx

This configuration sounds better to me than using the AD Emperor Double Crown as external clock to my EtherREGEN.  I am considering getting a second AD Master Clock for my EtherREGEN, but will probably wait until its ER Gen 2 version is released and make a decision from there.

See a diagram of my current signal paths in my profile.

I’d you’ve a chance I’d recommend trying a Network Acoustics Eno At or Muon filter in between the EtherREGEN and R26. Had a mate bring his R26 over and it didn’t impress until e placed the Eno Ag filter in line and that brought a massive improvement….. Highly recommended.

Still delighted with my 50ohm Afterdark Emperor Double Crown Trifecta syncing my AudioGD DI20HE DDC and R2HE Mk2 DAC. Wonderful results using a Shunyata Sigma V2 to the DAC and Tubulus Concentus to the DDC. I think the Concentus is on much the same level as the Sigma V2 though massively less expensive.