IGNORED

Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock Listening Impression

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

We just watched the opening of the Triple Crown this weekend.

Oh wait, that's horse racing not clock racing... :P

Our most venerated example is the annual Rugby Union one – in which The Triple Crown is earned only when a Home Nation (England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland) beats the other three:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_(rugby_union)

Then there is the less calorific Snooker one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_(snooker)

I think yesterday I was too obsessed with my own Triple output AD clock – now as near to me as Birmingham UK according to tracking – to realise Martin was talking about a *single* output Triple Crown. Of course his thinking made immediate sense to me once I cottoned on.

Could blame Adrian for his nomenclature - but

Q. Once you have appointed your Triple Crown in the hierarchy of things, what can you do when you offer a product with 3 outputs?

A. Don't sport a Triple Triple Crown!

image.png.cd8045f64d2eaa2fa90b16ce0bf683a0.png

I swapped a few emails with Adrian about the burn in/settle in time of the Triple Crown.

I got the reply that 'The Giesemann Clock will optimised in several period, 3 hours, 1 days, 7 days, 14 day, and 35 days'.

Okay that is the answer supplied, but what is the science behind those time frames?

What is actually happening over those days to my device?     And why does it start all over again from zero if the power supply fails and the machine needs to be restarted?

A mate has a DAC with a World Clock BNC input, but I'm not inclined to lend it out, to give it a try in his system, with the 35 day penalty involved.

If it is not burn-in, then what is happening.   Is it just the Chakra's aligning?   

I am dying to know the answer.

Regards Cazzesman

1 hour ago, Cazzesman said:

I swapped a few emails with Adrian about the burn in/settle in time of the Triple Crown.

I got the reply that 'The Giesemann Clock will optimised in several period, 3 hours, 1 days, 7 days, 14 day, and 35 days'.

What I don’t understand is that Adrian claiming his clocks already has been tested for 35 days before shipping, so why a second period ?

Can it be because powered off will reset burn in ? Does it make sense ? Don’t think other electronics behave like that or ?

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

What I don’t understand is that Adrian claiming his clocks already has been tested for 35 days before shipping, so why a second period ?

Can it be because powered off will reset burn in ? Does it make sense ? Don’t think other electronics behave like that or ?

Hi! R1200CL,

Since it is OCXO, it stabilizes in about 3 hours after the power is turned on. However, as with other high-precision oscillators, the Giesemann Clock's original characteristics gradually emerge over several tens of hours. Since the power consumption is small, we recommend to keep Giesemann Clock power on all the time. 

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mjw21a said:

I've a custom double shielded clock cable coming using vintage Western Electric wire. Should have that next week. Will be interesting to see what change that makes too vs my current Tchernov Special clock cable.  ;)

Is this a JSSG360 style cable?

I like the idea. I was offered by Ghent a clock cable with JSSG360, but I’m not sure about the effects. 

I have asked sales at mini circuits what is their best cable for us. 

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Is this a JSSG360 style cable?

I like the idea. I was offered by Ghent a clock cable with JSSG360, but I’m not sure about the effects. 

I have asked sales at mini circuits what is their best cable for us. 

Honestly,  I don't know. It's being made up by a local cable maker.

Well,  the Western Electric clock cable has been a resounding success. The result has been pure magic. I'm listening to albums that I haven't enjoyed for years again. Just spectacular.  A tiny bit less detailed than the Tchernov Special clock cable but it's just so incredibly natural sounding. Smooth and refined with better tonality to instruments and voices. The improved tonality makes the speakers just disappear. Spectacular result. Still some burn in to go as the WE wire was new old stock.  Completely unused.

Hi! Mjw21a,

The Giesemann clock is very sensitive to the clock cable. Good to hear that the Western Electric cables can be made to clock cable. We know it is good for speaker cable too, but it is very hard to found in today's market.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

7 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mjw21a,

The Giesemann clock is very sensitive to the clock cable. Good to hear that the Western Electric cables can be made to clock cable. We know it is good for speaker cable too, but it is very hard to found in today's market.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

I've tried Western Electric for speaker cables and RCA leads though generally preferred Duelund tinned copper for speaker wire and a mix of Neotech UPOCC and Duelund for the RCA's. Used for clock cable is the best I've experienced with it to date.  :)

27 minutes ago, AfterDark. said:

Hi! Mjw21a,

We love to use Duelund products too. It sound very natural on sounding. We just finished the design on modifcation, using Duelund Silver cable for DC connection, Duelund JDM Silver Capacitor, Ruby Mica Caps. We are quite excited to made this modification. It should be ready next week. 

Have a nice evening. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

Should be something special.  I may need to send my Super Fared 3 to you for modification at some point. For now I got the basic SF3 with a level 1 umbilical upgrade for my Mutec MC-3+USB.  Looking forward to trying that.

• 1 month later...

We just received some positive feedback from Germany customers, very detailed and technical reviews:

https://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?p=207430#p207430

1282844317_GermanyFeedback.thumb.png.83b2f670c3670093cff21f5164fd0d08.png

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

• 4 months later...

Hi! 

Happy New Year 2022.

We receivecd the very first positive feedback at the morning from Italy. He is using Giesemann King 10M Reference Clock for Audio-gd DI20HE, the Master Clock unlock the perfomance of his reference DAC. 

Thank you so much for your support. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

1080448012_GiesemannKingOCXO.thumb.png.1c51bc789e1ae1fe7d9bf4fdb7bccd4f.png

• 3 months later...

Hi!

Thanks for all support. We just received some positive feedback for the purchase of the collection of Giesemann, it improve the sounding performance for UpTone EtherREGEN a lot with the Giesemann Emperor Signature 10M Master Clock. 

42061FC7-E1B7-499B-9A01-82017FF59A8F.thumb.jpeg.34f5ebe4921a5bbd8755f9b14e7121ad.jpeg

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark.

Hi!

We want to share some of the positive with Giesemann EVA Master Clock Trifecta Edition connected to Cascade version of Buffalo GS-BS2016.

Best Regards,

Adrian

AfterDark. 

image.thumb.png.39f83025c218a07bf3d5d9a4f4a6f93a.png

Hi! 

Some of the positive feedback from AfterDark. Combo of Emperor Signature + Black Modernize LPS. Both devices connected to EtherREGEN. 

Best Regards,

Adrian

image.thumb.jpeg.afc0bfd04d89eb41e62bb6581e0470a9.jpeg