IGNORED

Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock Listening Impression

Oh that's nice. @JonD

The farad super3 is a very good choice. great LPS. in my case better then the paul hynes SR4T.

I now have 3 farads super 3 in use, on the ER, modem and router. So I can try for a comparison with the Black Modernize LPS x GIESEMANN OCXO 10M Edition.

Did you order the level 2 DC powercable (copper) with the farad?  is a perfect match. The orange fuse and furutech inlet is also recommended.
The Farads also combine very well with an audioquest Monsoon power cable.

I think we can make a big step with the afterdark Giesemann evo special edition. 👌

I also have a Paul Hynes SR5T on order, but was planning to use it for something else.

I did get the upgraded Furutech inlet and Orange Fuse; but plan on trying it with the two spare Chord Power cables that I have. One of them is a Chord Signature.

All of this will be plugged into an AQ Niagara 3000 that itself has an AQ Hurricane HC connecting it to the wall outlet.

So I think my Giesemann OCXO will be well set up to give its best performance 🙂

2 hours ago, Johnnydev said:

Oh that's nice. @JonD

The farad super3 is a very good choice. great LPS. in my case better then the paul hynes SR4T.

I now have 3 farads super 3 in use, on the ER, modem and router. So I can try for a comparison with the Black Modernize LPS x GIESEMANN OCXO 10M Edition.

Did you order the level 2 DC powercable (copper) with the farad?  is a perfect match. The orange fuse and furutech inlet is also recommended.
The Farads also combine very well with an audioquest Monsoon power cable.

I think we can make a big step with the afterdark Giesemann evo special edition. 👌

I would say also try the AQ Z3, Monsoon and blizzard from your AQ niagara 3000 to your LPS

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@MartinT

Wouldn’t the Cybershaft splitter do the trick?

I'm not sure and I wanted to take advantage of a better model while the prices hold low.  This gives me flexibility and the chance to optimise every component in the chain.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

3 minutes ago, GMG said:

Would t you benefit more from the triple out model? You will then have the ER and Mutec synced to the same clock. 

The outputs isn’t isolated. No benefit in syncing. A splitter will be equal. 

58 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I've been so impressed with the King that I have decided to order an Emperor Triple Crown, which will feed the Mutec while I move the King to feeding the ER.

What will you do with spare isolated outs from the Triple? Default would be to dispose of/sell the King (lower specs) and hook up 2 or 3 devices to the TC? The King is Sine and the Triple is Square ... some a priori thinking about this? You know you want a Sine for one device (ER) and Square for another (Mutec)? It can't be because you're determined to use a filter with the ER!

The combined cost must be in the order of a REF10?

16 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

The outputs isn’t isolated. No benefit in syncing. A splitter will be equal. 

I think isolation and sync are 2 separate things. 
Isolation is for keeping devices isolated from each other’s noise. Sync is to have both device synced to the exact same clock signal. 

as long as the devices are well designed and use quality PS (which is the case for Martin) the benefit of synced clocks is far greater then perhaps some noise leakage. 
at least this is my understanding

10 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

@gmc one of us has misunderstood the concept of synced clocks 😀.  Or a master clock. This is not a master clock. 

Ok, maybe. 
I was under the impression there is a single OCXO in the box which provides a synced signal to 3 outputs (isolated or not)

Perhaps @AfterDark. can clarify. 

I have thought about this very carefully. I already have the AfterDark King and my old BG7TBL. I've tried all combinations of waveforms and know exactly what I want, which is an AfterDark Emperor Triple Crown. Both 75 Ohm, both sinewave. Different power supplies, no breaking the moat. The best clock where it matters the most, into the Mutec.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

17 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I have thought about this very carefully. I already have the AfterDark King and my old BG7TBL. I've tried all combinations of waveforms and know exactly what I want, which is an AfterDark Emperor Triple Crown. Both 75 Ohm, both sinewave. Different power supplies, no breaking the moat. The best clock where it matters the most, into the Mutec.

I see. I don't have a moat issue clocking the ER and Mutec from the same AD box.

I understood all Triples were Square. Is yours a special commission or did Adrian find it easy to accommodate - Sine Triple no problem.