IGNORED

Giesemann OCXO Ref 10M Master Clock Listening Impression

This my initial review of the Afterdark Giesemann OXCO Clock (Emperor Crown) and its associated Afterdark 12V double outlet power supply.

To be clear, I have chosen a slightly better clock than as offered as entry level Prince including all cables etc. (1.0m Giesemann clock cable + 10% off discount code and 75ohm adaptor). 

Namely the Emperor Crown comparable in price for example with the entry level Cybershaft also offered by Afterdark. Ordered a week ago and arrived last Wednesday in the Netherlands. 😄

Now running for 5 days.  As stated by Afterdark let the clock burn in for 3hrs, it will improve after 7days, up to 35 days to optimal level. And the clock should always be powered on.

To be clear, I have chosen a slightly better clock than as offered as entry level called Prince. Namely the Emperor Crown. The offer included all cables etc. (= 1.0 mtr Giesemann clock, 75ohm adaptor; cable + 10% off discount code).  And with the Afterdark. Black Modernize LPS x GIESEMANN OCXO 10M Edition. Added with Carbon Fiber, Schurter Gold Fuse, Furutech NCF and 2x 0. 8m DC Cables. 

Total approx. € 910,00 including shipment and import taxes. That’s ¼ to 1/6 compared with well-known Master clocks.

Ps. The entry model is about HK§ 4000,00  cheaper and stated by Afterdark will give also “enough” improvement.

I use the EtherRegen powered by a Farad super3.  An expensive but immediately observable improvement over the standard Uptone power supply.

But the Afterdark Clock adds a lot of extra. All is playing on an Auralic Vega G2.1 etc.

IMG_1820.thumb.jpeg.c32b54d9a0f487eefb854e920525603d.jpeg469531337_Schermafbeelding2021-01-31om11_34_32.thumb.png.8e617462ec28f7b1723246da90ca33dc.png

The effect of this Afterdark master clock is much more layers and stereo depth resp 3D. Voices are clearer and the instruments are better placed resp. separated. 

A very nice improvement to my ears and on my audio-system.

A new update will soon follow compared to other Master clocks. And hopefully with a Farad and / or an Uptone JS2 also powering this Afterdark Master Clock. 

After consultation with Afterdark how to achieve even more improvement was his advice. Upgrade the clock first you will hear the difference in a second and also a better power supply.  

I heartily recommend the Afterdark Master Clock approach. 

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Hi all,

I recently use Cisco SFP & RJ45 adapter on A-Side in the SFP cage of the EtherRegen. This gave me another uplift in SQ ( more detail, clarity and stereo-depth).

Do you have same experiences?

Ps. EtherRegen is powered by a Farad Super3 and also the Afterdark Giesemann Clock. 

I also use a double ethernet cable ( signal + and signal  - ) made from Meicord Opal also  an  SQ uplift.

Regards, Andreas

IMG_1952.thumb.jpeg.50d9a9e80e21bc9c0ffc19c5748c54c0.jpegIMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.53e900d26fe91024810ddf7eddb028c0.jpeg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

On 2/6/2021 at 10:31 PM,  ambre said: 
   On 2/6/2021 at 10:26 PM,  R1200CL said: 

@ambre

Which version of AfterDark clock did you buy. Afterdark Giesemann OXCO Clock (Emperor Crown) and its associated Afterdark 12V double outlet power supply.

I am now powering Giesemann Clock with Farad Super3 and with extreme modified Bonn Silent Angel powered by the Afterdark 12V supply and Uptone LPS 1.2 as the first switch before the EtherRegen also powered by  Farad Super3.

The clock was improving everyday as also stated earlier by Afterdark.  Nb. The improvement with Giesemann is immediately noticeable.

With additional add-ons as described above the SQ has had an extreme boost. I am really flabbergasted and enjoying the music played. 

Next step is maybe fiber to EtherRegen by means of a modified Cisco switch powered by a quality supply. But first enjoy the music.

But another  significant improvement ( also stated by Afterdark) will be to buy a much better specified Afterdark Giesemann but this will doubles at least the price. 🧐

An unbelievable improvements since 2 weeks and a nice journey during and with Afterdark. 
Regards, Andreas

1 hour ago, R1200CL said:

This is a bit confusing.

Also wouldn’t the Farad be best at EtherRegen since EtherRegen has proper isolation and use the LPS-1.2 isolation against the Giesemann ? What switch upfront EtherRegen?

That was in the text: 👓

I am now powering Giesemann Clock with Farad Super3 and with extreme modified Bonn Silent Angel powered by the Afterdark 12V supply and Uptone LPS 1.2 as the first switch before the EtherRegen also powered by  Farad Super3.

Nowadays

• Auralic Vega G2.1 
  • Lan isolator PinkFaun
  • Double Meicord  Opal (+/- separated ) with Telegartners connected to a SFP&RJ45 Cisco transformer
  • EtherRegen with SFP and powered by Farad Super3 =9V
  • 10Hz Clock Afterdark with Afterdark Clock cable
  • Afterdark Clock feed by Farad Super3 = 12V
  • 2 x Bonn Silent Angels  8P = Switches (modified) feeded by each an Uptone LPS 1.2  (=5V)
  • The 2x Uptone LPS1.2 are feed by a KECES P8 (=11 and 12 V)
  • Meter cupboard another Bonn Silent Angel feeded by own mps but ordered Afterdark Lineair Power  supply 2 5V.
  • Ethernet standard Meicord Opal form 1e switch to second one in Living Room.

Afterdark 2x 12 V 2 amp is now obsolete for time being.  2x LPS1.2. was too much!

Ps my switches are modified to another much better level than by KEMP.

What does your two AfterDark PS actually power ?

See above

Hi Martin,

Expansive cables maybe very nice cables. Never heard about.

But you have a really cheap BG7 Master  Clock... €90,00 . till you hear the difference with Afterdark Giesemann medium spec. The Giesemann is a real uplift in SQ.

I have compared mine BG7 during 15 ( a nice toy) minutes .... nice.... if you cannot compare.  But sold immediately after restarting the Afterdark🙏🏻

1 hour ago, Stevem324 said:

What BNC cable are you using between the Etherregen and the clock?  Have you tried different cables?

Ps. the clock cable by Afterdark is a real good one. HUBER + SUHNER Shielding cable. 

Compared with other bnc cables. Also some HOME made ones 

Wil try a short notice the SOTM bnc cable ..... costing as much as my Afterdark Clock aprox $800,00 but we will see how it compares.  It’s amazing that a clock cable can make such difference .. I never thought!

2 minutes ago, GMG said:

Can you link to this specific double cable? ==>>HOME MADE 

I can’t find it. Can only find regular Meicord Opal. 
what does  “+/- sperated” mean? Like 2 cables, 1 for transmit & 1 for receive? CORRECT pin 1,2 and 3 and 6 

24 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

But in to same plug ?

Yes 1x Telegartner 

1 hour ago, soares said:

If I may suggest remove the Pink faun isolator. After a certain degree of isolation it impacts negatively the SQ. Of. That’s why I removed as well as the Cisco 2960. Of course the response might be different with your system. 🤗
My current setup:

Router>Rj45>oM>SFP>
Buffalo2016>SFP>oM>Rj45>Zen Mkiii>Rj45>eR>
SFP>oR>USB>RUR>
USB>iR>USB>
DAC.

Please specify all the abbreviations??

2 hours ago, soares said:

If I may suggest remove the Pink faun isolator. After a certain degree of isolation it impacts negatively the SQ. Of. That’s why I removed as well as the Cisco 2960. Of course the response might be different with your system. 🤗
My current setup:

Router>Rj45>oM>SFP>
Buffalo2016>SFP>oM>Rj45>Zen Mkiii>Rj45>eR>
SFP>oR>USB>RUR>
USB>iR>USB>
DAC.

I don’t understand your remark concerning the Cisco 2960 ? I don’t have that switch so far I am informed.

1 minute ago, soares said:

Sorry 😂

oM - opticalModule from Sonore

oR - opticalRendu from Sonore

eR - the mighty etherRegen! 
iR - isoRegen from UpTone 

RUR - Recovery USB Reclocker from Wyred 4 Sound.

Cheers, 

Jorge

Thanks also sent another question too

will remove the Pink Faun as give it a try.

Maybe too much 😎

Just now, ambre said:

Thanks also sent another question too

will remove the Pink Faun as give it a try.

Maybe too much 😎

ZenMkiii ???

will google