IGNORED

JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux/Euphony

On 1/27/2021 at 8:56 PM, Marcin_gps said:

There is no issue with Euphony and NET  or NET XE card.

The issue is only with Euphony & USB XE

What is the issue with usbx and euphony .   I am using usbx since long time without issue please clarify .

based on the euphony response earlier in thread jcat xe is not compatible due to asmedia controller? it is strange some say it works, some says does not work. 

7 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Please see the reply from Željko, Euphony developer:

Regards, 

Marcin

I have to admit it's an amazing performance for XE and Euphony so far.It seems that there is a new level for the XE with  v4.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:33 PM, mrkoven said:

based on the euphony response earlier in thread jcat xe is not compatible due to asmedia controller? it is strange some say it works, some says does not work. 

I will ship Željko the USB XE card for testing and perhaps we will know better. 

Best regards,
Marcin 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, 

I sent a board of USB XE to Euphony developer and I have some good news to share:

we preliminary checked how XE card works with our software. 

It looks that both current version (now in production) and future version (we develop) accept and work with current JCAT USB card XE

We would still make addtional checks if you perimt, before we send you card back. Let us know if this is ok with you.

With best regards,

Robert 

euphony-audio.com

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 1 month later...

Has the issues with JCAT USB XE card conflicting with asmedia controller solved ? Any kind of patch can be smartly made ?

I have been trying to set up my newly acquired SMSL VMV D1se DAC with my JCAT USB XE for the last two days until i saw this post. I had no luck getting the asmedia usb 3.1 controller to recognize the DAC. But the DAC works very smoothly with motherboard's USB 3.1 controller though. The DAC has only 7-day return policy, i can't even test the unit with much more preferred JCAT USB XE now.

7 hours ago, Larry Man said:

Has the issues with JCAT USB XE card conflicting with asmedia controller solved ? Any kind of patch can be smartly made ?

I have been trying to set up my newly acquired SMSL VMV D1se DAC with my JCAT USB XE for the last two days until i saw this post. I had no luck getting the asmedia usb 3.1 controller to recognize the DAC. But the DAC works very smoothly with motherboard's USB 3.1 controller though. The DAC has only 7-day return policy, i can't even test the unit with much more preferred JCAT USB XE now.

Hi Larry, 

Can  you please check if USB memory stick is detected when inserted to USB card's port? If not then I'd check if 5V PSU connected to the card is OK. 

Regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to make USB XE work with Euphony, motherboard is also Asus Crosshair Hero VII, Ryzen 7 3700X, Jcat USB XE to Matrix xspdif 2 hdmi to PS Audio dac. At first plug in it didn't work, then i left it overnight, next day it was working. weird. I was talking to zeljko about this trying to figure out what I did to make it work for me.