IGNORED

JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux/Euphony

23 minutes ago, frederick184 said:

Marcin, yes, both cards are getting power.  If I use Euphony, the Netcard XE works but the USB XE doesn’t, as you mentioned.  If I switch to AudioLinux, neither card works.

Colin

Hmm, then it seems sth specific to AudioLinux. Please let me know if you want me to contact Piero or would you perfer to do it directly? 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Larry Man said:

Has the issues with JCAT USB XE card conflicting with asmedia controller solved ? Any kind of patch can be smartly made ?

I have been trying to set up my newly acquired SMSL VMV D1se DAC with my JCAT USB XE for the last two days until i saw this post. I had no luck getting the asmedia usb 3.1 controller to recognize the DAC. But the DAC works very smoothly with motherboard's USB 3.1 controller though. The DAC has only 7-day return policy, i can't even test the unit with much more preferred JCAT USB XE now.

Hi Larry, 

Can  you please check if USB memory stick is detected when inserted to USB card's port? If not then I'd check if 5V PSU connected to the card is OK. 

Regards,

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Sorry to resurrect this topic from the grave. I’m troubleshooting an issue with a JCAT USB XE and AudioLinux with Piero but waiting on him to be available to pick back up. Figured I’d put out a call out here for ideas on why the card is not being seen by AudioLinux. 

Tried two different PCIe ports

Verified the card is being fed 5.15v

I plug my mouse and into the USB XE and nothing happens. I run lsusb and lscpi and the card is not seen. Any ideas?

MB: Aorus z690 Master

AudioLinux: LXQt 5.3.0

HDPLEX 300W 5v output

I will get in touch with Piero. If he agrees, I will ship the USB XE. 

Regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder