IGNORED

Roon skips songs or long pause

This issue seems to have started a couple of weeks ago where if I skip songs in Roon, sometimes the next song works, sometimes I have to pause the song multiple times and restart it before it plays. I am running a sonicTransporter5 Gen 3 and ultraRendu and using Roon/HQPlayer. I also noticed last night that I can no longer play DSD64 files without bad skipping. This had not happened before. Nothing has changed in my setup and all the Roon/HQPlayer settings are the same. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to resolve it.

22 hours ago, FrankMA said:

I have been having the same issues since the May/Jun 2020 Roon update. Roon was blaming my DAC (Directsream Sr) and now my network (after reviewing the logs and stoppages on Qobuz content). 

My network is rock solid everywhere (all other devices) although I have been making changes to see if I can eliminate variables. 

To say I'm frustrated by the lack of Roon support would be an understatement

I am EtherRegen to a Innuos MKII SE>Innuos Phoenix>Direcstream (USB)

Thank you for the response and for sharing your similar issues. I'll try Roon to see what they say. One thing I did successfully was to take my sonicTransporter/ultraRendu out of the loop and run HQPlayer/Roon off my NUC and everything worked fine. I can play up to DSD512 with no long pauses, stutters, or dropouts, so in my case I'm not sure if it's Roon or something with the sonicTransporter/ultraRendu.