IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Power and Digital Audio with the Sean Jacobs DC4 and Sound Application PGI TT-7 (Part 2 of 2)

16 hours ago, Exocer said:

Excellent write-up! I am embarrassed to discuss what I use for power conditioning 😁. Hint - it costs less than $200 and is most likely the weakest link ib my system at this point. Your write-up is encouraging me to upgrade this unit sooner rather than later. Ive considered DIY means (replacing sockets with higher end units, upgrading internal wiring etc) but filtering wise, I would prefer not to go DIY there, as I am not knowledgeable enough.

@ray-dude - have you tried any reasonable lower cost units in your journey? 😁

What are others using in the $1000 - $1500 range?

Cheers!

-Rob

Look into PI Audio UberBuss

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2021 at 6:59 PM, ray-dude said:

The Topaz Isolation transformers dropped the background level a huge amount.  These can be had used for several hundred $$.  Dynamics slowed (esp. as I upgraded to the Extreme), but it was a huge win as I was working up the ladder.

Ray,  From a dedicated line, I'm using a P.I Audio UberBuss passive conditioner in front of my amp and server (Extreme) and a Plixir BAC (balanced transformer) in front of my DAC.

I have a Topaz laying around doing nothing, but wondered if it would be theoretically useful in front of my Network which is on another circuit .  (Topaz > modem > Sonore OM > fiber > Extreme).   

Your thoughts appreciated!