IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Power and Digital Audio with the Sean Jacobs DC4 and Sound Application PGI TT-7 (Part 1 of 2)

An excellent review @ray-dude.

What was the length of cable that came with the DC4?

I ask because the Mundorf silver/gold is very expensive per foot. And the shorter the length the better the SQ.

So short is good - if fit can fit in with the individual rack layout.

When you post part 2, it would be good to compare the relative merits of power conditioner vs power supply.

In particular, does TT7 + stock DAVE p/s sound better than DC3 or 4 alone?

And does TT7 + DC3 sound better than DC4 alone?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, if I go down this route, I'd go for a bespoke DC3+ because of my downsizing objectives.

I.e. as many DC4 components that will fit inside the much smaller DC3 enclosure. In particular, the DC4 regulators  and TOTL caps. Judging from the photos, we should be able to squeeze in the same quality transformer, but maybe at reduced power rating and certainly not the extra damping and screening enclosure. And will probably have to reduce the amount of reservoir caps. The end result should be somewhere between the current big gulf between DC3 and 4 in both price and performance.

I have an elderly Audience TSSOX power conditioner, which seems to have very similar design objectives to the TT7:

A low impedance, passive filter, based on top Teflon caps, non-MOV spike protection and power-factor correction.

The fact that the already-expensive Audience costs so much less than the TT7 (and probably with much lower performance), shows that attention to details matters a lot here as in everywhere else.