IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer V Linux

StuartsYoga

I thought I would sample the experience of the great and the good when it comes to the potential audiophile sound quality of different software on the same hardware.

I run JRiver with Fabfilter Pro Eq vst 3 V.3 on a Windows 10 Enterprise i7i5BNH Intel NUC with Fidelizer Pro and A.O. with Teddy Pardo lps and external usb hard drive music library.  My question is, am I likely to improve my output sound quality in terms of finding more detail in the music retrieved from the source, improved sound stage, space, air, clarity etc from a linux distro?

So in essence what happens if Win 10 is swapped for av-linux or mint, lubuntu etc.

Following on from that anything startling happen if I source my music from a NAS on the same win 10 software and nuc hardware?

Finally can we discuss what changes may/would make a 'better'  more revealing sound system?

Stay well all

Interesting. Thanks AudioDoctor. From reading the forum I have seen Euphony is making waves. 

I have found the transfer of my nuc to an Akasa Newton fanless case made a great difference. This has resulted in great revelation of detail from good recordings.

It's one of these just how good is it decisions with €250+ outlay.

Where does Roon fit in in relation?

2 hours ago, StuartsYoga said:

Interesting. Thanks AudioDoctor. From reading the forum I have seen Euphony is making waves. 

I have found the transfer of my nuc to an Akasa Newton fanless case made a great difference. This has resulted in great revelation of detail from good recordings.

It's one of these just how good is it decisions with €250+ outlay.

Where does Roon fit in in relation?

The only time I found a desktop OS make a difference was with the DAC connected via USB directly to the computer, and that was just recently when a new Linux Kernel made a significant impact on the quality of the playback.

Roon server runs on Euphony just like normal. Even Roon sound better on Euphony. If you want ultimate fidelity though, use Stylus player on Euphony. IMO its the best. The good thing is you can switch between all of the options, including HQPlayer as well.

Euphony is worth every cent. You can get a 30 day trial, do that and give it a listen.

No electron left behind.