IGNORED

AT&T mandated switch my DSL to Fiber. The sound quality degraded!

AT&T is phasing out on their DSL service in my area.

I received a notice in the mail to sign up for a Fiber installation at no change in monthly fee for much higher speed.  The switch is mandated!

Well, I just did that.  Now the audio quality has degraded.  Its like using an inferior USB cable to your modem can make a difference.  Not only that... videos that I had downloaded with my DSL sounds richer and better than downloading the same video with fiber.  The sound of the newly downloaded video is not just pluses and minuses.  It has altered the sound. 

My system is audiophile.  Schiit Yggy, etc.  

This really sucks.   I have no idea if I can find someone else who provides DSL.   Running that copper makes a very nice difference for audio.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

GeneZ

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise. 

Found two problems... corrected.  First, the modem was plugged in with reverse polarity.  I know some do not believe in that sort of thing, but on a transparent system it becomes obvious.  The other... it appears that the modem itself needs burn in. 

Little things can make a huge difference...

It all depends upon in what dimension of life one finds themselves living in.  For, one man's music is another man's noise.