IGNORED

Adiós, Audio Advisor

John G

A warning. This is an email they chose not to respond to.

Dear [customer service rep],

I must say that I am entirely dissatisfied with my experience in the purchase described below. Here's why:

1. I ordered (955370) more than $500 worth of merchandise from you. For some reason you chose to ship the two items in separate boxes via separate carriers. One box arrived thoroughly punctured, fortunately without damage to the contents. The other (the Rega Neo TT-PSU, a $395 item) arrived packaged only in the manufacturer's original box. It died after two days of service. I thought everyone knew that delicate items should be double-boxed.

2. When you returned my call about the second problem, your offer was to mail me a shipping label, make me repackage and return the damaged merchandise, and wait for you to ship a replacement at your convenience. This deprives me of both my $395 and my use of my turntable for an indeterminate period of time.

3. What Audio Advisor could have done, had you/they wished to proved high-quality customer service, is immediately shipped me a replacement unit, preferably overnight, and included a shipping label for the return of the failed unit.

4. Or you could have at least emailed me the return label to print out and stick to the inadequate box you originally supplied the unit in.

I could have just disputed the charge with my credit card company and ordered another unit from, say, Amazon, who would have it gotten to me much sooner than what you're proposing here. In fact I could have just bought the same item from Amazon in the first place and gotten it sooner. But I chose to deal with someone I thought was in the audio business. You certainly were charging full price.

I've bought a number of things from you over the last five or six years. But when this deal is complete, I won't be back for more. If you want to try and do better, I could stay. As it is, I'll have to warn people on Audiogon, Audiophile Style and other on-line hi-fi forums I frequent.

Regards,
[John_G]

Been using them for a long long time, and never have I had any issues, with shipping, packaging , ordering accuracy.  I'm staying with them, one whoops doesn't change my trust in a vendor, If that was the case I wouldn't have any place to shop, including drug stores, super markets, etc...  With this day in age of Covid and limited work force in businesses, who knows whats can occur.

The Truth Is Out There

We don't know the whole story, only one side. This is my issue.

I have used them before, over many years, and found them VERY helpful. I have returned things with out question, etc.

We do not have ALL the facts before forming an opinion here.

The letter was full of attitude and condescension. Would you, if in their shoes, respond to someone who has already decided he was going to use intimidation and attitude as a way to get what they want?

I am not taking either side but the story is very myopic.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Have to say Audio Advisor has made this right, despite my apparent "attitude and condescension."

Good Afternoon,

I do apologize for any inconvenience and I have sent you another Rega Neo Turntable FedEx overnight.  Please return the defective unit at your convenience and thank you for shopping at Audio Advisor.

Sincerely,

[Customer service rep]

Audio Advisor has been always professional to me and very helpful.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

I have had good experiences with purchases and returns with Audio Advisor.  I have also gotten good advice from them.  Any company can have issues and make mistakes every once in a while.  The true measure of any company is how they deal with situations once those issues have happened.  It looks like they took care of your issue.