IGNORED

Capitol Studios Shutters Its Mastering Division

I’m not sure this is as dire as other make it out to be. Mastering will be done at other locations. 

The mastering department at the famed Capitol Studios in Hollywood has been shut down, with several employees laid off, Universal Music Group confirmed Tuesday night after word of the closure began to circulate on social media.

https://variety.com/2021/music/news/capitol-studios-mastering-staff-laid-off-1234883994/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

As the article states, they can just master at other locations belonging to Universal. Part of being a conglomerate.

Interesting that they said the cutting lathes will remain in the building in a different location; so they still will be cutting lacquers, but not mastering. Sort of odd. Anything to save manpower, I guess.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)