IGNORED

Article: Audiophile Style Podcast: Episode 1 | Roon Labs Interview

15 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

You want to hear dirty joke? 

“Jock the coalman”

Hopefully the hard working coal men giving us electricity to power our devices are not offended! 😂😂

I think everyone of them would agree, their job isn't easy or good for their health.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, austinpop said:

@The Computer Audiophile

Is is possible to publish the transcript of the podcast in addition to the audio? I certainly would love that option, and was wondering if there was demand for that.

There is demand for it and I’m looking into options. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi @austinpop and the others interested in a transcript of the podcasts. I found a couple good services to work with, but I've run into an issue that I don't know if I'm comfortable with. First, human transcription is likely out of the question as it's pretty expensive compared to the return on a podcast. I can easily spend $1.50+ per minute on the first draft of each episode. Second, the automated services are pretty good and pretty fast. At $0.25 per minute the price is reasonable and the editor for touching up errors is decent. However, here's the rub, touching up the errors is very time consuming. I originally thought I could run it through an automated service and be OK with the errors, and just publish it as is. When I received the first transcript back, I realized that the people I interview may not be OK with their statements being a little different from what they actually said. 

In this hobby, we can get obsessive and hang on to every word. If a transcript isn't perfect, this could lead to some serious negative consequences for everyone involved. 

This leaves me with the options of A. Not do any transcripts, or B. Have shows transcribed and spend quite a bit of time going through them to make sure the words are as accurate as I can make them. 

I'll have to see how many people really want transcripts, to know if the time investment is worth it. I love the idea and it's something I want as well. I see the value to people who like to read.