IGNORED

Which streamers have ESS SABRE dacs?

So far, the only streamers I’ve found that have ESS SABRE dacs are Matrix Audio.  The Element i is $1,149 (No MQA support) & the Element M is $2,049.95 (has MQA).  I’ve searched.  Hoping you guys know of more or where I could find a list.  I really like the sound from AQ Dragonfly’s with my Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media computer speakers with my iMac and am looking for streamer options for my living room stereo.  The only other ideas I’ve had is to use a Raspberry Pi or Mac Mini with a Dragonfly with a mini to RCA cable to my receiver.  But a WiFi streamer is what I’d prefer use.  

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

I can only tell you that I have the Element i and am quite happy with it.

It was only $990 last year when I  bought it (including fedex from China), so that's quite a healthy price increase.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

30 minutes ago, firedog said:

I can only tell you that I have the Element i and am quite happy with it.

It was only $990 last year when I  bought it (including fedex from China), so that's quite a healthy price increase.

What does the Schiit Freya add to your setup?  I was thinking of pairing the Element i OR M with either a Vintage Denon DRA-25 or a Marantz PM8006.  My speakers are Vintage Klipsch KG2's I got for free as a hand me down from my father that came with the Denon DRA-25.  Currently, I'm auditioning a Peachtree Nova150 w/ a Bluesound Node 2i with my Klipsch KG2's.  However, the low end + bass thump is often lacking.  The Nova150 may just need to burn in some more, IDK.  So, I'm contemplating trying out a different set up for my living room stereo.  Do you think the Element i or M would pair well with either the Denon DRA-25 or Marantz PM8006?  I may also consider different speakers.  But, at this point, I'd like to see what I do with the Klipsch KG2's.  What do you think?  Btw, thank you for your post.  I appreciate it.  I forgot to add that I'm an apartment dweller.  So, I'm a bit limited with what I can do without disturbing my neighbors.

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

10 minutes ago, mav52 said:

The Lumin X1 uses Dual ES9038Pro's.

The Lumin T2 uses Dual ES9028Pro's

Haha.  Thanks, but those are way out of my budget.  I don't want to spend more than $2,049.95 for it.  I should have specified that in my original post.  The Matrix Audio Element i or M would work fine.  I was hoping there might be other streamers with ESS SABRE Dacs that cost less, actually. 

34 minutes ago, btlancaster24 said:

What does the Schiit Freya add to your setup?  I was thinking of pairing the Element i OR M with either a Vintage Denon DRA-25 or a Marantz PM8006.  My speakers are Vintage Klipsch KG2's I got for free as a hand me down from my father that came with the Denon DRA-25.  Currently, I'm auditioning a Peachtree Nova150 w/ a Bluesound Node 2i with my Klipsch KG2's.  However, the low end + bass thump is often lacking.  The Nova150 may just need to burn in some more, IDK.  So, I'm contemplating trying out a different set up for my living room stereo.  Do you think the Element i or M would pair well with either the Denon DRA-25 or Marantz PM8006?  I may also consider different speakers.  But, at this point, I'd like to see what I do with the Klipsch KG2's.  What do you think?  Btw, thank you for your post.  I appreciate it.  I forgot to add that I'm an apartment dweller.  So, I'm a bit limited with what I can do without disturbing my neighbors.

Don't think the Freya adds much. Gives some tube sound if I use it for that. I mostly stopped using it after I got the Matrix. I'm not familiar with those other components, so  I can't say much to you about that. But as long as you like your amp and speakers,  I can't see why the Matrix wouldn't work fine. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 minutes ago, firedog said:

Don't think the Freya adds much. Gives some tube sound if I use it for that. I mostly stopped using it after I got the Matrix. I'm not familiar with those other components, so  I can't say much to you about that. But as long as you like your amp and speakers,  I can't see why the Matrix wouldn't work fine. 

That's cool.  Thanks, anyway. 

Just throwing this out there but not sure if there is a specific need to have a streamer or not?

A possible alternative could be a networked DAC like the Merging Anubis. Its within your price range and does soo much more. If you ran Roon on your music server you can stream just about anything you might want to including Tidal and Qubuz. Spotify and Youtube can be streamed as well just using your PC as the source.

ES9026PRO DAC Chips...I believe

https://www.merging.com/products/interfaces/merging+anubis