IGNORED

Allo Revolution DAC disables screensaver WIN 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a thought: I use a PC as my content source, driving an AV amp via HDMI (audio only). I had to disable screen standby because that turns off the audio output too. Kind of logical, really even if from a functional point of view it should be possible to put a screen in standby without also suspending the GPU and even less so the audio component(s).

That said, I wouldn't worry too much about this. Very few modern LCD screens are susceptible to burn-in and the amount of power drawn by the backlight is really significant only for laptops running on battery. So until the issue is resolved (or if it turns out that your DAC actually needs the screen to remain on just like my AV amp does) just run a screensaver, possibly just a black screen. And of course you can turn off the screen manually if it's an external. I know, soooo old school - but that way you also save on those kwh of standby consumption which aren't good for anything ;)

1 hour ago, checkulater said:

Yes but i do want it to work because it also locks the screen, and because i use dual screens my windows get misplaced when i power of the screens well its a quality of life thing. Also if i buy a product I really want it to work as intended and not brake the function of my OS

Screen locking is yet a separate function, and IIRC MSWin has an option to require a password when coming out of the screensaver.

Also, your computer should detect the presence of a screen even when it's powered off; I can confirm that up until XP even MS Windows did that. If that is no longer the case you should complain to MS about a regression.

Either way I just wanted to point out that you may be facing a situation where the OS doesn't give another choice to the developers of your DAC.