IGNORED

Cat8 compatibility Equipment problem

Pointing out the elephant in the room: What is the need for a shielded cable? CAT8 are deterministically DATA CENTER rated cabling.

The reason they are constructed and shielded the way they are is for 40GB applications.

This shouldn't be a troubleshooting thread, this should be a thread about the misapplication of cabling. Sorry I just got done uneffing another persons setup due to poor advice. Advice from people that can create a problem but can't fix it once they helped make it.

1 hour ago, Jpdspin said:

Second, I use to be a audio tech, when we were installing tv’s and we had to do runs of cables higher than 50’ we had to use Cat6 cables and balun to switch back to HDMI and over 100’ we were using cat6 shielded to make sur that we were not going to have trouble with the video. With the regular cat6 on long distance a lot of the time we had video issues, so in my head 1 plus 1.

But that's using S/TP cabling for extending HDMI runs. I have an HDMI balun for a 30 meter run and I have to use S/TP CAT6A also. But this isn't the same thing as using it for data.