IGNORED

Acoustic Sounds - no more downloads?

Hey - so friend of mine just told me -  no more downloads (buying files) at Acoustic Sounds - went to the site, seems to be no mention of it, but the download store is not there nor I can find a way to access it...

[EDIT - mah bad,  it's there ]

https://store.acousticsounds.com/superhirez

ah well - beyond the streaming debate (which I hate and wish it disappeared instead) the bad thing is that many of their SACDs are not being repressed but were available as downloads... it was a good stopgap until they (if ever) became available again...

ah well

v

Closed at the end of last year.

They basically said they weren't making (much) money from the download store.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

OMG, this is terrible news, so so sad.  AS was great source, especially for DSD downloads of out of print SACD content. Why, why, why do we audiophiles have to be continually screwed by the compromised mass market, just awful.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

On 1/5/2021 at 10:53 AM, barrows said:

OMG, this is terrible news, so so sad.  AS was great source, especially for DSD downloads of out of print SACD content. Why, why, why do we audiophiles have to be continually screwed by the compromised mass market, just awful.

Acoustic Sounds' answer:

FarewellSuperHirez.jpg.a5502a22091a53369b53076d5c83efab.jpg

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron