IGNORED

AES and Its Papers

In the context of how this whole topic started, MQA, it's difficult to replicate the results given the patent application. Also, the MQA AES paper was just a convention paper without any peer review. However, it's usually discussed as an AES Paper, not Convention Paper. 

Edit: I was directed to the MQA AES Paper by the person I've been exchanging emails with form AES. This came out roughly five years after the Convention Paper - https://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=20456

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Great information on how these things work. 

I still don't like it. Putting one's name on something is the ultimate in transparency and honesty. In fact, I see some people advocating for use of real names on the internet because anonymous people behind keyboards can be a bad thing. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

5 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

In a scientific journal, the role of the reviewer is to insure that the work was done properly but there is no stamp of approval on the results or the conclusions.

The audience for peer-reviewed papers is not the consumer.  It is the relevant scientific community.

Very likely.  

I certainly hear you Kal, but I can’t count how many times I’ve received a marketing pitch that included an AES paper mention to bolster credibility. 

If all of this stayed in the domain of the scientific community, it would be fine. It’s the crossover for marketing that causes issues.