IGNORED

How in the hell do I download a trial of Audirvana for windows

43 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

So I can try to get it working in Wine?  I can't find a way to do that at all on their website. I get this when I click the 30 day trial button.

Screenshot_20210103_214926.png

There is a screen after that one above.  Perhaps your browser is blocking it?  Otherwise, perhaps it fails to detect Windows 8 or 10 and so the subsequent screen does not pop up? 

FYI, Audirvana for Windows is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app.  I not sure WINE supports UWP apps.

5 minutes ago, lucretius said:

There is a screen after that one above.  Perhaps your browser is blocking it?  Otherwise, perhaps it fails to detect Windows 8 or 10 and so the subsequent screen does not pop up? 

FYI, Audirvana for Windows is a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app.  I not sure WINE supports UWP apps.

Ok, thanks.

No electron left behind...

On 1/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, AudioDoctor said:

So I can try to get it working

The wholly expected teething issues of getting running a Mac designed program on Windows were quite extensive.  Feel free to update this thread if you get it working and have positive impressions.  

3 hours ago, DuckToller said:

audirvana try windows_cr.jpg

I am unable to reach that screen, however using the link above I did get there, but my system still doesn't actually download it.  However, I did some research and it looks like it is possible, but needs to be done by the developer and is far beyond my skills at the moment because I would need access to the source of Audirvana.

https://ian.bebbs.co.uk/posts/UnoLinux

20 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

However, I did some research and it looks like it is possible, but needs to be done by the developer and is far beyond my skills at the moment because I would need access to the source of Audirvana.

Did you switch from Windows to Linux during this week ?
😉

"This is a Universal Windows Platform application, rendering to a Skia backend, within a GTK host, running in Ubuntu, running under Windows"
Whoa - is that what you're up to ?
- and did browsing in Ubuntu failed loading the Audirvana Windows App ?

I am not using Ubuntu, I am in Manjaro, it is an Arch based distro. right now I can't even get it to download and I am not sure why, but it appears that if Damien wanted to he could maybe get it to work in Linux for us adventurous types.