IGNORED

Remove duplicate artwork?

Currently running Big Sur but like many when I updated to Catalina I lost a lot of album artwork. I been able to recover most of it and the remaining I re-added myself. What I noticed now is on some of my albums it shows an additional artwork image labeled as other. I can not find a way to delete that other artwork image. Thanks for any help.

• 1 month later...

All I have ever done and it has worked consistently for me for embedding artwork either new or updated artwork is the following.

If you are in Albums view - Select the album then on the album artwork Select>Get Info and then select the Artwork tab.  From here if you are adding artwork for the first time select Add Artwork and then browse to the location of the artwork file you have saved to use select it and then Open and OK.  The file is now permanently embedded.

If you want to update or replace artwork already in place again Select>Get Info and then select the Artwork tab.  What I do next is as much out of habit as it is necessary.  I want to be sure that the old artwork is deleted so next I double click on the Artwork already there and hit Delete.  I then hit Return (or Enter) and the old artwork is gone, the screen closes and I see an empty grey screen where the artwork use to be and this confirms to me that it has indeed been deleted.  As I said this is my habit and you may not need to do this.  You can choose to simply to hit delete then select Add Artwork and again browse to the location of the artwork file you want to use.

Please note if you are not aware of this if you choose to use any function within iTunes/Music to have it automatically add artwork you are not embedding the artwork in the files and any number of different changes to OS or other things could cause loss of artwork.

Anyways my little ritual of how I add and delete artwork has worked for me consistently across maybe OS changes and internal and external drive changes and software updates for many years save one time about three years ago.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa

I’ve had problems making artwork stick to files.

How it works for me is to paste the artwork then add some text in one of the fields of the first tab, and finally run Doug’s “read-embed artwork” script.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

1 hour ago, semente said:

I’ve had problems making artwork stick to files.

How it works for me is to paste the artwork then add some text in one of the fields of the first tab, and finally run Doug’s “read-embed artwork” script.

This has worked consistently for me with the need to do the other stuff

"Select the album then on the album artwork Select>Get Info and then select the Artwork tab.  From here if you are adding artwork for the first time select Add Artwork and then browse to the location of the artwork file you have saved to use select it and then Open and OK.  The file is now permanently embedded."

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa