IGNORED

Shanti hum/buzz

Hi, I have bought a 2. hand Shanti PSU and unfortunately it hums/buzzes. It was originally purchased at Allo.com and is still under the 1 year manufactures warranty (well for another 10 days :-) ). I’m using it with USBridge Signature. Hoping that you can help me out! Cheers

Hi

i have shanti and no hum (lucky?). very satisfied

shoulkd be a lot of reason to have hum and not only due to shanti

why are you sure this is a shanti problem?

probably you've made some tests ?

changing the direction of power cords ?

changing the power cord herself

connecting/disconnecting adapters

changing ac outlet sens on the other boxes

have you tested swapping the outlet for another one?

at the end the warranty is done to solve this sort of problem ?

Pierre

On 1/2/2021 at 4:39 PM, Rig Vader said:

Hi, I have bought a 2. hand Shanti PSU and unfortunately it hums/buzzes. It was originally purchased at Allo.com and is still under the 1 year manufactures warranty (well for another 10 days :-) ). I’m using it with USBridge Signature. Hoping that you can help me out! Cheers

Forwarded PM please check

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2021 at 6:02 AM, Audio_Allo said:

Forwarded PM please check

It would be interesting to see what you from Allo suggest. I also have a low transformer hum coming fromthe Shanti (I can hear it when there is a quiet part of music playing). I have not connected the grinding points of the Shanti and the USBridge Sig Player because there is absolutely no information on how to do it, what wire/connectors to use. Even browsing audio webshops, I can not find grounding connectors on offer. How can I eliminate the hum?

Hi Warp2600,

After a bit of back and forth, I'm lacking a reply from Allo at this point. My equipment is in a cuppard (that is open towards the back wall), so in practice I don't hear the hum.

I'm no electrical engineer, but I don't imagine using the grouding poses would eliviate mechnical transfomer hum.

FFIW I bought the Shanti used (but still under warranty) and the previous user claimed to have had no hum issues with it. So maybe there is a component of local conditions/voltage variance. In my rig it's is behind a DC blocker from Supra, whice obviously does not stop it from humming :-)

Cheers

My Shanti is in a cabinet that is open to the front so the light hum is more audible than yours. The cabinet is closed on all sides except the front, so it acts like a horn speaker... 

Shanti and the Allo USBridge are on 24/7. Next time when I shut them down to burn a new OS on the SD card in the USBridge, I will try another power wall socket for the Shanti