IGNORED

Server Questions Using Audirvana on W10

Looking for recommendations regarding the server portion of my system (see signature below.) Am currently using a Lenovo T530, with Fidelizer 8.7 and it sounds very good, especially when I run the laptop off batteries.  However, EVERYTHING, seems to effect the sound regarding the laptop: usb cable connecting external music drive to laptop, linear PS of external music drive to laptop, wired v wireless connection of laptop to the network, etc. Am wondering what the best server solution looks like given my current commitment to Audirvana playback software? I am not really that computer savvy and would love to find an optimized w10 laptop or PC for this application that would out perform my Lenovo. I've looked at the Fidelizer Nimitra but the version of W10 used in the Nimitra doesn't support the current version of Audirvana. I sent a query to SGC but their systems won't support W10 Audirvana either. My commitment to Audirvana comes from years of comparing software players. To date the best I've had/heard was XXHighend but my XXhighend PC died some time ago and for various reasons I changed to Audirvana. Maybe just give up on W10 and get a Mac Mini? I've also looked at Audiophile Optimizer as a further tweek to the laptop but am a bit worried about screwing things up with it. Any recommendation very much appreciated. Thanks.

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

Thanks Judd for your input. I guess I wasn't entirely clear: by "server" in my post I meant the laptop itself. I am already using a Rendu product, the older Signature Series one as listed in my signature. What I'm asking about is the laptop itself. So many things concerning the laptop seem to effect the sound. Is there a better solution than a windows 10 laptop or is there an optimized windows laptop or PC, like  Small Green Computer offers, but for Windows 10? Or is the best solution to use an Apple product as that is what Audirvana was originally built for? Have you noticed that the configuration of your laptop effects SQ? If you are using a W10 laptop try running Fedilizer on it, I think he has a free trial version,  and see if it helps your sound. It definitely does here. So  I'm wondering what is the best means of sending music data to the Rendu (Streamer?) device?

System: Fedilizer Pro>Pareto Audio Server with both Audiolinux (Roon) and W10 (Audirvana Studio) OS's, currently using W10 (control via remote desktop with laptop)> Original (2015) Sonore Signature Series, BNC/SPDIF > Yggdrasil A2 > Pass Labs XA100 Monoblocks > Triton Reference Speakers (modified) >Tweeked CiscoSG110D-08 LAN Switch. Cabling: Canare LV-77S SPDIF, Kimber KS2026 XLR interconnects, Kimber KS3035 Speaker wires.

Thanks Judd. Sort of surprised at the lack of interest regarding the server questions. I am inclined to just get a decent laptop and forget about it, but whatever noise attaches to the data signal in the laptop/server, beginning with the external music drive attached to it, effects the sound here. I presume that's why Small Green Computer offers the Sonictransporter I5 for Roon and HQ Player folks. Guess there is not a purpose built W10 based server for Audirvana users? You should really give fedilizer a listen on your desktop. Its easy to Install/Uninstall. If you do try it run it in Purist/Streamer mode. It's also easy to turn off and on.

• 5 months later...

Just want to thank Jud and Bobfa for their input regarding my search for a server to my Rendu product. As Bobfa suggested, I ended up purchasing a Pareto Audio server and I am very satisfied with the results. It has literally transformed the sound in my room. I am currently running Audirvana Studio, W10, on the server but am able to switch OS's on the server and can run Audiolinux OS with Roon as the player. The Audiolinux OS is specifically designed for Roon playback. So far I prefer Studio, W10, but that could change. Jud, have you tried Fidelizer? Just wondering what your impressions might be. Anyway, thanks to both of you folks.

Well as Fats said, one never knows, do one? But (then I'll shut up; I promise.) let me add that Fedilizer doesn't turn off a bunch of services and once installed the program provides a quick way of reverting back to your original settings: just click on the option and reboot. Done it hundreds of times. Also, I used the laptop with Audirvana running and never had a problem with other tasks, cruising the net, printing, etc. However, to really get the benefit one should purchase the pro version, around $70, and select the purist/streamer options. Here it has been a really nice bump in SQ. Have a great day!