IGNORED

Peachtree Audio question

Hi . New member here :) just joined but not new to Audio .

Im still listening to my trusty Linn Sondek turntable , Quad 405 amp as my " audiophile " system , ive had this combo for at least 30 years now , i did have a Rotel cd player that i bought back in around 1994 and it recently died on me as did my old Linn pre amp .

Wanting to get another CD player as we have amassed likely close to 1,000 cds , i picked up a newer Cambridge audio CD player and a Peachtree iNova amp .

I have to admit the Peachtree amp sounds pretty darn good with the CD player , my question is , can i plug my moving magnet pre amp into the amp so i can also use my turntable playing through it ?

If yes , which input should i use . Been years since i bought any new audio so just want to be sure i dont mess anything up .

Thanks for any help /   advice .

Kaz . 

As was stated use the Aux not the phono. You will overload the phono input and also there is an RIAA equalization circuit built in the MM preamp.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

Tell us how it goes.

Cheers and stay safe!

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

21 minutes ago, kazman1960 said:

OK , i have my CD player hooked up to AUX 1  right now so AUX 2 will be the hookup for Phone pre amp  

That should work fine too! Have you tried connecting your CD player to the DAC in the iNova? I can't guarantee it will sound better, but it might, and it would open up an AUX connection.

No electron left behind.

On 12/30/2020 at 10:45 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Any analog line input should work if you have a phono pre. I googled up a picture of the back side, it looks like Aux 1, left and right should work.

I tried the turntable plugged into a "cheapee " pre amp then into AUX input , well it works . Only problem is the output is very low but it is livable . Next up was my computer into USB port . Using Amazon prime that i have music saved on , the sound , to my old ears was pretty darned good . Im getting to like this Peachtree amp :)  

6 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

ok, what cartridge do you have, and what phono pre did you get?

Its a Denon DL110 , high output MM , pre amp is a SUCA-AUDIO 6J2 Vacuum Tubes MM RIAA Phonograph Stage Preamplifier Mini Hi-Fi Stereo Preamp , just a cheap tube pre amp as i wanted to hear what tubes sounded like 

The Denon DL110 is not a MM cartridge, it is an MC cartridge... It may still work as it is a High Output MC Cartridge... But it also may not.

So, have you set the Suca to the max gain? Are you sure you have it plugged in correctly?

If you want a decent, but not expensive tube phono pre, get this. Yes its $275 but the odds that you'll love it so much and keep it forever are pretty good. One of these was my first phono pre and Its still in use by my nephew and he loves it.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/bellari-vp-130-tube-phono-preamp

No electron left behind.

16 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The Denon DL110 is not a MM cartridge, it is an MC cartridge... It may still work as it is a High Output MC Cartridge... But it also may not.

So, have you set the Suca to the max gain? Are you sure you have it plugged in correctly?

If you want a decent, but not expensive tube phono pre, get this. Yes its $275 but the odds that you'll love it so much and keep it forever are pretty good. One of these was my first phono pre and Its still in use by my nephew and he loves it.

https://www.turntablelab.com/products/bellari-vp-130-tube-phono-preamp

I used the Suca pre amp powering my Quad 405 amp and it was OK , i wanted to try Tubes so i bought a very cheap Nobsound  rated at 6.8wpc , with the Suca powering it it has no problem with volume . Ill double check all the connections a little later this afternoon