IGNORED

Sending computer audio to stereo system

I want to send my computer audio via Ethernet cable to our stereo system.  I have a Windows 10 desktop in my home office.  Our receiver is about 50 feet away in the living room, and is a 1997 Sony STR-DE415 with RCA inputs. 

It seems to me that I need a control module interface between the Ethernet cable and the receiver - Ethernet in and RCA out.  Because the Ethernet connection runs through a switch, I think the control module will need to handle an IP address.  I would be grateful for any recommendations for a solution that wouldn't degrade the signal and sound quality.

6 minutes ago, Rob in Austin said:

I want to send my computer audio via Ethernet cable to our stereo system.  I have a Windows 10 desktop in my home office.  Our receiver is about 50 feet away in the living room, and is a 1997 Sony STR-DE415 with RCA inputs. 

It seems to me that I need a control module interface between the Ethernet cable and the receiver - Ethernet in and RCA out.  Because the Ethernet connection runs through a switch, I think the control module will need to handle an IP address.  I would be grateful for any recommendations for a solution that wouldn't degrade the signal and sound quality.

Hi Rob, there are tons of ways to do this. What type of music will be streamed from your computer (local files, streaming services, etc)?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png