IGNORED

User experiences with Volumio?

You can try MyVolumio for free for 15 days.

I don’t like it but it’s my opinion ...

If you prefer the iOS app do exist, search for Volumio, but it is nothing different from the safari web interface you can reach typing in the url Volumio.local (once Volumio is installed), if you save the page in the iPad/iPhone home it will be full screen.

I don’t use streaming services but a friend of mine told me that Tidal implementation in MyVolumio is quite .... basic, cannot say anything about Qobuz

Stefano

My audio system

• 10 months later...
34 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

which I find not so well served by the configurations that can run on my NUC without stuttering

Are you aware that you can let HQP playback bit-perfect?

Just set:

Output mode=auto

DSD sources/Direct SDM checked

PCM settings all filters, dither set to none

with this configuration PCM will be played at native sample rate and DSD as native

Stefano

My audio system

7 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Unfortunately, its DLNA plug-in doesn't seem to stream DSD

Didn’t you tried Minimserver?

From your signature it seems you already have everything needed to run Minimserver on your NAS using UltraRendu as MPD renderer.

Minimserver is available as Starter Edition that is free and Full License that offer more possibilities to manage your metadata.

Several control points are available like:

• Lumïn, Kazoo, Linn on iOS/iPadOS (Bubbleupnpserver is needed that can run on your nas to add OpenHome compatibility to UltraRendu)
  • MConnect Player on iOS/iPadOS and Android (no need of Bubbleupnpserver)
  • Bubbleupnp on Android (no need of Bubbleupnpserver).

No issues at all streaming PCM and DSD.

You could use this setup with HQPlayer Embedded too:

just configure it in Bubbleupnpserver (using Lumïn app, Linn or Kazoo, no need if you use MConnect Player or Bubbleupnp) and use your UltraRendu as HQP NAA.

In this way you’ll have an integrated system that can play MPD and/or HQPe using the same control point and switching MPD / NAA on UltraRendu configuration.

Stefano

My audio system