IGNORED

Help creating Ethernet and fiber Optic network for Innuos

...a quick point you likely already know: the Cisco is a switch that has a "slot" for an SFP, if you get to it. Also, it has been noted that you should seek out a Cisco or (cheaper) Cisco friendly SFP to ensure it works in the switch. Good luck with the cable run!

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

20 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

ISP modem >(short)RJ45 >2960>fiber>2960>(short) RJ45>2960>fiber>OM or ER>Innous. 

Again, I am going to just run the LC-LC fiber optic and Cat 6 and sort out my ongoing confusion later.  I really don't need to sort it all out now.  Especially, since FO is just a contingency plan.  

Last week I said I would review all the advice I'd rec'd and present distilled questions if further clarification was needed.  I didn't have time to do the review.  But I did post a bit ago, saying, "So, to make sure I understand the layout completely...."

You said "yes" to my plan...

But I see that in the network path using arrows (form 12.30.20) that 2960 (FMC) appears 3 times, while the layout I described had only 2.  YIKES.  And I do seem to recall long ago in the thread that someone did talk about 3.  It was likely R1200CL.  To quote George Kastanza (Seinfeld), "Serenity Now"  No one take offense.  I'm just kidding around.  BTW, I have no idea where on the keyboard the right-pointing arrows are that everyone but me uses to describe networks.

23 minutes ago, MarkusBarkus said:

...a quick point you likely already know: the Cisco is a switch that has a "slot" for an SFP, if you get to it. Also, it has been noted that you should seek out a Cisco or (cheaper) Cisco friendly SFP to ensure it works in the switch. Good luck with the cable run!

I **think** I did know these things.  On point for you to say, "If I get to it".  Lol.  

But if I do...I will absolutely ensure all switches and SFP play well with each other and my LC-LC FO cable.  And also any ethernet patch cables.