IGNORED

Which USB flash drive is best for storing music files?

I'd like to know which USB flash drive is going to the best job with music files to be played either in my car in the usb port or in the back of one of my powered speakers that have a USB port for playing music.  I realize that some may say that any flash drive will do the job.  But surely there are good, better, best in this category.

Thanks!

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

7 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Best in what regard?

I really don't know much about USB flash drives.  And I've hardly ever used one for anything.  So, best in regards to everything about it.  Overall quality and how it affects the sound of music when I plug it into the usb port in my car, my stereo or the back of a powered speaker.  

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

6 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Buy name brands.

Should not matter.

Which brand and speed do you recommend?

5 minutes ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Buy name brands.

Should not matter.

It used to matter when playing 24/192 files some years back, with some cheap types stuttering.

A good all round USB memory stick is SanDisk Ultra

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

1 minute ago, sandyk said:

It used to matter when playing 24/192 files some years back, with some cheap types stuttering.

A good all round USB memory stick is SanDisk Ultra

Ok.  Thanks!  I appreciate the help!