IGNORED

Super HiRez Closing (Acoustic Sounds)

Just to be clear: it seems to be the download store, not the entire operation. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Yes, it is just the download store. They may be the first to go but not the last. A victim of streaming and frankly, their high pricing.

Agreed.  It wasn’t the place to get titles that were generally available, just their own productions.  

25 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

I would hazard a guess that those DSD 64 files will show up on another site.

I would think so too, but it will require a double contract: one for the AP mastering, another from the overall rights holder. So a bit complicated. 

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

2 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Agree, but without it, they have files that will generate no income.

Apparently, they weren't generating much anyway, thus the closure.🤣

I don't know a lot about the economics of the download sites. It's possible some of the other download sites are more profitable than the AS site. So yes, hopefully their dowloads will show up elsewhere.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:06 AM, JoeWhip said:

I would hazard a guess that those DSD 64 files will show up on another site.

Maybe, maybe not. Since Analogue Productions and APO (Analogue Productions Originals) are available on LP, SACD, CD, and Reel to Reel tape could it be that is enough formats for them?

On 12/25/2020 at 6:33 AM, firedog said:

I would think so too, but it will require a double contract: one for the AP mastering, another from the overall rights holder. So a bit complicated. 

Yes and I would speculate that is why Analogue Productions was the only audiophile remastering company with downloads and why it was limited to their own website.

On 12/25/2020 at 7:37 AM, JoeWhip said:

Agree, but without it, they have files that will generate no income.

Maybe, the income generated by Analogue Productions LPs, SACDs, CDs, and Reel to Reel tapes is enough for them with less hassles as stated in their farewell letter. (below)

22 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Well, maybe they should just give them away then? Doubtful. They will show up elsewhere.

Analogue Productions will continue to be available on LPs, SACDs, CDs, and Reel to Reel tapes.

Acoustic-Sounds.png.749727b529fa879547f3bf8b29afd49f.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

4 hours ago, blue2 said:

Only Available in the
USAFlag_sm.jpg USA
and
CanadaFlag_sm.jpg Canada

There's a whole world outside

Not when it's the World Series definition!

We will win because our NHS is the beating heart of this country. It is the best of this country. It is unconquerable. It is powered by love.

-- Boris Johnson

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

8 hours ago, blue2 said:

Only Available in the
USAFlag_sm.jpg USA
and
CanadaFlag_sm.jpg Canada

There's a whole world outside and we buy stuff too!!!!

A VPN is your friend.

1 hour ago, firedog said:

I bought a couple of these, but I have to say that the BN hi-res remasters (PCM) done since 2012 sound really good also, and are competitive with these in SQ. 

I have the 2012 remaster of Midnight Blue in PCM and much prefer it to the DSD 64 file. 

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

And @firedog do you guys have a couple more recommendations of the Blue Note remasters?  CD or higher res?  Thanks!

I'd just say that in general they started a new series of hi-res (24/96) remasters in 2012, I believe. They are pretty much all good. I wouldn't hesitate buying them from the download stores. Compared to CD of the same remaster or other CD versions? I don't know b/c I don't have many such CDs. In general I'd go for these 2012 and later hi-res remasters done by Blue Note. They seem to have been done with care. Some of the earlier CD versions of the albums were just "slapped together" as it were (like many CD versions of older material).