IGNORED

Super HiRez Closing (Acoustic Sounds)

Just to be clear: it seems to be the download store, not the entire operation. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

25 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

I would hazard a guess that those DSD 64 files will show up on another site.

I would think so too, but it will require a double contract: one for the AP mastering, another from the overall rights holder. So a bit complicated. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

2 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Agree, but without it, they have files that will generate no income.

Apparently, they weren't generating much anyway, thus the closure.🤣

I don't know a lot about the economics of the download sites. It's possible some of the other download sites are more profitable than the AS site. So yes, hopefully their dowloads will show up elsewhere.

8 hours ago, blue2 said:

Only Available in the
USAFlag_sm.jpg USA
and
CanadaFlag_sm.jpg Canada

There's a whole world outside and we buy stuff too!!!!

A VPN is your friend.

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

And @firedog do you guys have a couple more recommendations of the Blue Note remasters?  CD or higher res?  Thanks!

I'd just say that in general they started a new series of hi-res (24/96) remasters in 2012, I believe. They are pretty much all good. I wouldn't hesitate buying them from the download stores. Compared to CD of the same remaster or other CD versions? I don't know b/c I don't have many such CDs. In general I'd go for these 2012 and later hi-res remasters done by Blue Note. They seem to have been done with care. Some of the earlier CD versions of the albums were just "slapped together" as it were (like many CD versions of older material).