IGNORED

Shairport-Sync - RPi 4 BOSS Player

Hi -

I just purchased a boss player based on the RPi 4 B.  I cannot for the life of me get the airplay functionality to work from my iPhone through Shairport-Sync.  The player is connected with ethernet to router and to my preamplifier via the analog audio.  I can connect to the DietPi from my phone with airplay but just get silence when playing back a song.  I ordered the device with DietPi and the allo gui preinstalled.  I did perform an update to DietPi 6.34.3, after being prompted on reboot.  

I can view the dashboard and the status screen for ALSA output stream information displays:  "access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED | format: S16_LE | subformat: STD | channels: 2 | rate: 44100 (705600/16) | period_size: 256 | buffer_size: 131072".  The selected sound card shows "allo boss dac pcm512x audio".  I have tried disabling it and rebooting then re-enabling and rebooting with no difference.   The Shairport-Sync settings are set to 44100 and 16 bit to match the content being played and it is active.

I have tried all sorts of things for several hours, I am really at a loss.  I wouldn't be so worried but this is a Christmas gift and I would like to get it working as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance for any help.  Let me know if I can provide additional information.

3 hours ago, stormy_waters said:

Hi -

I just purchased a boss player based on the RPi 4 B.  I cannot for the life of me get the airplay functionality to work from my iPhone through Shairport-Sync.  The player is connected with ethernet to router and to my preamplifier via the analog audio.  I can connect to the DietPi from my phone with airplay but just get silence when playing back a song.  I ordered the device with DietPi and the allo gui preinstalled.  I did perform an update to DietPi 6.34.3, after being prompted on reboot.  

I can view the dashboard and the status screen for ALSA output stream information displays:  "access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED | format: S16_LE | subformat: STD | channels: 2 | rate: 44100 (705600/16) | period_size: 256 | buffer_size: 131072".  The selected sound card shows "allo boss dac pcm512x audio".  I have tried disabling it and rebooting then re-enabling and rebooting with no difference.   The Shairport-Sync settings are set to 44100 and 16 bit to match the content being played and it is active.

I have tried all sorts of things for several hours, I am really at a loss.  I wouldn't be so worried but this is a Christmas gift and I would like to get it working as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance for any help.  Let me know if I can provide additional information.

Forwarded PM please check