IGNORED

Charity Auction: Sablon Audio 2020 ethernet cable (with match)

Charity Auction: Sablon Audio 2020 ethernet cable (with match)

CURRENT BID: $475

Up for charity auction is a very lightly used ~5 foot Sablon Audio 2020 Panatela Reserva ethernet cable (retail US$475), kindly provided by Mark Coles of Sablon Audio.  100% of proceeds will be going to charity, and I will be matching dollar for dollar the winning bid with my own contribution (e.g., if the winning bid is $400, I will be donating a total of $800 to charity).

The 2020 Sablon ethernet cable is the best I’ve heard, and I have two shorter 2020 Sable ethernet cables in my chain today.  For details and discussion on the cable, see:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/sablon-ethernet-2020-model.30473/

For my impressions, see my review here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/reality-quest-going-to-extremes-with-the-taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-part-4-of-5-r910/

Like my “first 10 seconds” reaction when hearing the Sablon 2020 USB cable and Sablon Prince power cord, the Sablon 2020 ethernet cable comes across as neutral, transparent, coherent, invisible and just right – “Yup, we’re done testing here...let’s enjoy some music”. Mark is really on a roll, and I’m loving everything I’m hearing from him.

So what is going on with the Sablon ethernet cable that is resulting in this striking level of impact? The Sablon cable is quite impressive, with Cat 8.1 Telegärtner connectors, robust shielding, and Mark’s favorite conductors. These connectors are distinguished by extremely high bandwidth (bandwidth seems to be emerging as a key measure for ethernet cables and audio). Mark uses his favorite conductors for the body of the cable itself, with 5 layers of shielding. Is the extreme bandwidth + shielding + conductor quality what is creating this synergy with the Extreme? Clearly, the Sablon ethernet cable is keeping up with the Extreme much better than the other Cat 8 cables I have on hand. Even for cabling, speed seems to make a big impact with the Extreme.

Mark has very graciously offered up this longer cable for this charity auction, and I will match the winning bid with a contribution of my own (in case a bidder is feeling particularly generous, I would be delighted to match up to $2000)

The beneficiary of this auction will be World Central Kitchen (https://wck.org), which has been doing amazing and truly inspiring work all over the world to help feed people in need.  

Please PM me with your bids.  Highest bid by 8pm Pacific Time on December 26th will be the winner.  Continental US only please, I will cover shipping, payment by PayPal.  If you wish to bid up to a more significant level to help Chef Andres and team help even more people, drop a note and let's do some good...

• Seller
    ray-dude
  • Date
    12/20/20
  • Price
  • Category

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Well the charity auction is over! Many thanks to the generous bidders and Mark Coles of Sablon Audio for contributing the cable. With the additional donations and match, together we raised US$1300 for the very deserving World Central Kitchen (a fantastic way to end a challenging year)

Best wishes to everyone for a safe and happy New Year! 

Ray

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers