IGNORED

Trying to get Roon to a Raspberry pi

(I am not sophisticated computer person)

I have a Roons sytem - works

I have installed RoPieeeXL on Raspberry Pi 4
DAC is ifi nano - works with a Macbook used as endpoint for Roon

Want to get Roon to the Raspberry pi

Using RoPieeeXL  - seems to have installed correctly.  Can review/edit with my browser
Pi is using wired connection
Pi has an ipaddress on my network
PI works with Noobs OS installed - so I think PI is OK
PI is not seen on my WINDOWS ROON Core PC under Network Diiscovery or Windows Explorer

Can someone direct me to a reference as to what else to troubleshoot ?

Thank you

41 minutes ago, iamimdoc said:

(I am not sophisticated computer person)

I have a Roons sytem - works

I have installed RoPieeeXL on Raspberry Pi 4
DAC is ifi nano - works with a Macbook used as endpoint for Roon

Want to get Roon to the Raspberry pi

Using RoPieeeXL  - seems to have installed correctly.  Can review/edit with my browser
Pi is using wired connection
Pi has an ipaddress on my network
PI works with Noobs OS installed - so I think PI is OK
PI is not seen on my WINDOWS ROON Core PC under Network Diiscovery or Windows Explorer

Can someone direct me to a reference as to what else to troubleshoot ?

Thank you

You need to activate the Ropieee extension in Roon.

See the "Extensions" setting in Roon.

Then restart the Pi, it should show up under "Audio" in Roon settings. Give the device (it's IP should show up in Roon) a name.

If you type the IP address of your Pi into a browser, and you see the Ropieee interface, go the "Roon" page and make sure the name you want to give the Ropieee Pi is written in.

Your name for your Pi has to be exactly (and I mean exactly) the same in Ropieee and in Roon.

If that doesn't work, the Ropieee web page https://ropieee.org/ has detailed instructions. Follow them to the letter.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Are you able to get to http://ropieeexl.local in your local LAN? That's how I access the initial setup of any Pi I set up with RoPieeeXL on it (or RoPieee). I then rename it from RoPieeeXL to something like "AudioRoom" or "WholeHouseAudio" and so forth, after which I access it at http://audioroom.local. or what have you.

That site allows you to setup various elements of the RoPieeeXL software. If you have a "Hat" installed on your Pi for outputting to a DAC, this is where you can go and set the hat that you have. For me, I'm currently using one with just USB out to my DAC, so I had to go in and enable USB Audio and I had to turn on the HQ Player NAA extension.

On previous attempts, where I had a Hat installed, I had to set the Hat in that site before Roon would find it on my network. 

Just a few things to try or keep an eye out for. Good luck - as Roon Pi images go, RoPieee and RoPieeeXL are pretty great to work with.

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage