IGNORED

Stereo to binaural for headphones - how to setup (HQPlayer, JRiver, foobar2000)

@mikel, if you wish to perform HRTF processing with additional equalization, I would do the equalization before HRTF processing. My point is that the HRTF processing has an intentional frequency response, which together with phase delay helps to localize sound source. So I mean more clear solution is to equalize first and then to let the HRTF processing to do it's job.

Different HRTF data sources or solutions don't provide the same sound - the result may for example sound brighter or darker. You can try for example Panagement 2 VST plugin in some player with VST support. Placing the sound source position like on my picture is good base for comparison with the Listen project. I have also IRs of the Panagement 2 solution.
obrázok.png

If you would try it, you would most probably perceive darker sound than with the IRs from the Listen project.

What I wanted to say: Using HRTF IRs may require to use also some tilt EQ to adjust sound not to be too bright or dark, additionally to the headphone frequency response compensation you wish to perform.

High quality tilt IRs appear here: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/60457-tilt-control/?do=findComment&comment=1081978

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500