IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

• 10 months later...
4 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

I do not understand how the addition of a NAA will enable MacOS to play native DSD?

I must have a look at using a memory stick as NAA??? - or have I got it wrong?

NAA devices are usually Linux-based OS (vs MacOS) which allows for native DSD.

There are several ways to include a NAA. You can use any computer, especially low-powered ones like Raspberry Pi or fitlet2, running Linux. Or preconfigured units like the Rendu units from Sonore.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Schafheide said:

Sonore says that, in order to setup the ultraRendu, it has to be connected via RJ45 to the router.

Does it have to remain there, or can it then be moved to the Mac (using RJ45) ??

Or can it be setup whilst connected to the Mac (which is WiFi connected to the router.

Does all of this apply to all NAA's ??

Generally speaking, NAA devices are designed to be connected to your network, not directly to computers. There are countless means of setting up a home network using routers, switches, access points, etc.  If you don’t have an Ethernet connection to your ultraRendu, then perhaps a WiFi based access point that has Ethernet port(s) might work. Again, lots of means available.

That said, some people here on AS who have network expertise have been able to connect NAA devices directly to computers but that is not typical and not supported by Miska (NAA developer) who always advises using network connections.