IGNORED

Keeping warm this winter

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these?

I'm contemplating hooking one up to my current iMac/Beresford combo. I've always had an affinity towards valve amps (an aesthetic thing) but never been in a position to own one. I gather they have a sound all of their own, from what I've read, "warm" and "liquidy".

Any advice regarding valve amplifiers, most appreciated. Oh, by the way, the Little Dot MK III caught my attention due to the glowing (no pun intended ;)) reviews and the excellent entry price point for a valve amp.

--

djp

Intel iMac + Beresford TC-7510 + Little Dot MK III + beyerdynamics DT 231 = Computer audiophile quality on the cheap! --- Samsung Q1 + M-Audio Transit + Sennheiser PX 100 = Computer audiophile quality on the go!

Hi,

I have two Little Dot Head Amps and i think they offer a lot of bang for the buck.

I don't have any direct experience with the MKIII, however, I have a MKIVSE that I like quite a bit when used to drive my Senn's and Beyer's. I have not tried it as a preamp, so I cannot comment on how it functions in that role.

FWIW--I thought the MKIVSE was a bit on the "warmish" side in stock form but a few mods and tube sub's cleared that right up.

I am not a dealer for Little Dot, just a fan.

Peace,

Lee

Locus Design Group[br]www.locus-design.com[br]www.cryo-parts.com[br]www.cryo-freeze.com

Great links BTandKM, though unfortunately a little UK lite. I found somebody selling a Darkvoice 336i, but they only ship as far as Canada. :(

I'll search through though and see if I can find any gems that are UK friendly.

--

djp

Intel iMac + Beresford TC-7510 + Little Dot MK III + beyerdynamics DT 231 = Computer audiophile quality on the cheap! --- Samsung Q1 + M-Audio Transit + Sennheiser PX 100 = Computer audiophile quality on the go!

:)

It's fun looking all the same!

I've since added the Darkvoice 336 to my list of budget valve amps. I can't find many (if any!) reviews in relation to this amp however, though it does seem to be a popular choice over at Head-Fi.

There seems to be a couple of models, the Darkvoice 336i and the 336 SE. I'm presuming that the SE model is souped up version of the 336i, though I can't find any details that confirm this assumption.

--

djp