IGNORED

What’s your next or latest analogue source purchase?

1 hour ago, 4est said:

If I might ask, what manifold and what pressure are you using on this? I purchased a high pressure manifold, but have not installed it in mine.

I have the original low pressure manifold and SPP-6GA pump, 3psi I think.  Pump is 1 metre below the TT and pump noise measures 30db at 1 metre.  Higher pressure is probably better and it would be interesting to have spectrum plots of before and after installation.  To get a plot I record a mono track with a Tascam DA-3000 (or equivalent) and then get a spectrum analysis with REW.  I can post a plot if there is interest.

20 hours ago, d_elm said:

I have the original low pressure manifold and SPP-6GA pump, 3psi I think.  Pump is 1 metre below the TT and pump noise measures 30db at 1 metre.  Higher pressure is probably better and it would be interesting to have spectrum plots of before and after installation.  To get a plot I record a mono track with a Tascam DA-3000 (or equivalent) and then get a spectrum analysis with REW.  I can post a plot if there is interest.

Ah, TY for the response. If not the higher pressure manifold, you might want to consider a surge tank there and moving the pump further away. Mine always bothered me even though once the music started it retreated into the background. I'd love to see plota, but don't do it on my account.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

9 hours ago, 4est said:

Ah, TY for the response. If not the higher pressure manifold, you might want to consider a surge tank there and moving the pump further away. Mine always bothered me even though once the music started it retreated into the background. I'd love to see plota, but don't do it on my account.

From the Ultimate Analog test LP following is a spectrum analysis of Side 1 Track 9, 60 Hz and 4k Hz with 4:1 voltage ratio of the two frequencies.  The goal is for the cartridge/arm to playback what was recorded.  Here we see 120 Hz, 4k +/- 60 Hz, 8k, 12k.  Something going on at 20 Hz related to the length of the I-Beam (I installed a longer I-Beam and 20 Hz went up) on the ET-2 and the resonant frequencies of 9.5 Hz vertical and 4 Hz horizontal.  Plot was generated by REW from a recording of the track.  I could probably produce the same, or better (I will try it) plot using a PicoTech 4262 scope.

07 Track 9 60Hz plus 4kHz left.jpg