IGNORED

Purifi Class D

Hi GUTB,

I've noticed your recenht change of approach from condescending & neglecting to personal experience in regard of Class D.
Clap, Clap - RESPECT!!! Thanks for sharing your adventure in the Class D wilderness!

However I am a bit unsure if selecting the cheapest available appearance aside from the evaluation kit does properly suits your usually high quality criteria that you have shown in the past to devaluate Class D ???

I'd be happy if you could elaborate a bit more in detail your approach and explain i.e. whether you selected the unit for its price or its qualities in engineering before, after and around the PuRiFi module???
Which configuration of the module (Mono, Stereo,3x) did you order, and which buffer did you chose with VTV ET-400A ???

Did you prepare your ears and your bias for an uncolored sound experience and what would be your source/signal chain set up for that adventure ? What will be your test tracks ? What will be the reference (system) you compare it to ?

For the record:
In terms of self-oscillating knowledge / research, the AS-forum search would have lead you here .
Scan down to Bruno's response to Sagittarius, where he explains that term.
The Feedback issue is included in that Q&A as well ...

All the best & curious - stay safe & sound
Tom

If we have a run on the now available PuRiFi 1ET-400A designs, I'd vote for either of these solutions:
https://www.apollonaudio.com/apollon-1et400a-mini-stereo-amplifier/
Apollon Audio Purifi Mini Front Side
Apollon Audio Purifi Mini Backplate

Apollon Purifi Stereo Amplifier Inside Top View

or the monoblocks:
Black 10mm aluminium faceplate

PURIFI 1ET400A-Front-Top-Pair

with 2 years guarantee from Apollon Audio in Slowenia. (In my eyes has far better looks than Melania ...)

However, I have decided to wait for the "rumored" PuRiFi designed power supply to arrive before I sign for it.
Cheers, Tom

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, audiobomber said:

It was not a threat, it was a warning. I don't have the power to ban, but the moderator does, and has several times, for exactly the same arrogant and dismissive tone that our friend here favors. I don't like being called ignorant or stupid, which is the subtext in the last couple of posts @mocenigo sent my way. 

.. touché ...

12 minutes ago, PYP said:

From Mola Mola website's description of the Kaluga amps:  2 pairs of Furutech binding posts. Biwired directly to the amplifier PCB using Kubala-Sosna cable.

There were certainly some question about that design from sales/marketing to the designer:

- Wouldn't these binding post from Elecaudio sound the same like these margin shredding Furutech ?
- Who the hell is Kubala-Sosna, couldn't we take these premium Transparent cables?
... perhaps not ....
rather like
- Would  the use of some well accepted brands for name dropping, like Furutech and Kubala-Sosna have any detrimental effect on the sound quality and the measurements? Just askin' Bruno, we're thinking the product may achieve even better acceptance in the target audience we're aiming at.  Also, the break-in times look negligable.

18 hours ago, PYP said:

That marketing ploy worked for me.  My thought bubble:  I already have KS interconnects and speaker cables using the exact same wire, so one continuous run of wire from source to speakers.  

But to be completely honest, the work was already done when I first saw a picture of the Makua and Kalugas.  Audio lust at first sight!  These are audio jewelry to be sure (the finish cannot be adequately captured by a photo though - it is so subtle -  pant, pant 🤭 ).   

Had a second look on their product matrix & found their product's naming tends a tiny bit to the subjective side 9_9
... but all good ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 2:15 AM, PYP said:

Sounds right to me but my brain intruded as I read the New Coke story and came up with the following thoughts/questions:

-- Did human evolution stop in the mid 80s?

-- The (U.S.) Civil War will never truly end.

-- For some folks, the War of Northern Aggression is related to Communists.

-- New York and Los Angeles are not to be trusted.  Ever.  

-- Bill Cosby has some nerve!

-- Do marketing guys ever get it right?  Or do they just take credit for circumstantial success and blame somebody else for failures?  

-- Why do some executives make loads of money even though they lack common sense?

Please add: Where is Bielefeld ? ( a common German misconception ...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Allan F said:

I notice that, according to the Apollon Audio website, the Purifi 1ET400A Mini Stereo Amplifier - also referred to as the Purifi 1ET400A ST Lux Stereo Amplifier - now comes equipped with the OPA 1656 op amp as standard instead of the OPA 1612. This presumably is in response to both reviews suggesting that the OPA 1656 provides better sound quality and the recommendation of Bruno Putzeys himself. FWIW, boXem also uses the OPA 1656 op amp as standard for its Purifi 1ET400A based amplifiers.

This was discussed lately from Apollon in the asr-Forum. While the OPA1612 tests slightly better, the OPA 1656 may offer better compatibility with upstream devices, iirc.

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

Bruno Putzeys of course is very big on measurements, so one wonders what he's testing that varies from ASR.

Jud, could you explain that for me?

He had a video interview where he mentioned the OPA1656, which may have changed the tide, and Apollon had added some flesh on his opinion, if I understood correctly.