IGNORED

XLD Alternative for Big Sur?

• 1 month later...

I also have the same problem and have tried to download from 2 sites now, I can download, but then every time I try to open it I get an Apple System Popup Alert that reads:

"XLD" can't be opened because apple cannot check it for malicious software.  This software needs to be updated.  Contact the Developer for more information.

Not sure if I can get into the security settings and somehow force apple to allow it as a "safe" application.  Never had this problem until Big Sur though.

Thanks for any help

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.28.03 PM.png

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

Well, 90 seconds later, here is the solution for anyone else having the problem:

Go to apple system preferences-->Security and Privacy, then in general, it will show you that it was blocked, and you can override

Hopefully it helps someone

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.33.12 PM.png

Aurender N10--> DCS Bartok w Rossini Clock—>Audio Research REF6 Pre --> Vandersteen M5HPA—>Vandersteen Quatro CT Speakers; AMG Giro Turntable w Lyra Delos Cartridge —> Audio Research Ref 3 PhonoPre

2 hours ago, blaven said:

Well, 90 seconds later, here is the solution for anyone else having the problem:

Go to apple system preferences-->Security and Privacy, then in general, it will show you that it was blocked, and you can override

Hopefully it helps someone

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 7.33.12 PM.png

That "feature" has been in Mac OS for some time now. Checking the box to allow apps from other developers was one of the first things I did. Before it was possible to find the app in finder and right click it, select open, it would ask for the administrator password, and then it would work fine.

No electron left behind.