IGNORED

Summer of Software Stress

bobfa

8 hours ago, bobfa said:

Elac Discovery Connect.

It would not connect, it would not update, and it sounded relatively weak after taking two days to figure out the problems. I do not know if it was the app or the device. The Navis ARB-51 speakers were not bad, but I was disappointed overall.  

Bob,

a year ago I had a long conference call with Elac's Andrew Jones about the DS-A101-G  Amplifier and Music Server under review where he explained his responsibility for the design process of the unit. Afterwards I decided with Chris to skip the review because it wouldn't have shed any good light on ELAC engineering, especially for the abysmal software design and Roon implementation.
Cheers, Tom

Bob, most reviewers have customers that pay them directly or indirectly
... here @ Audiophilestyle we got lucky that we have products & manufactures we like, which are worth a review and - perhaps - our support. You may re-read Chris' Elac Alchemy DDP-2 DAC Review, where you have both, the design idea and the DNLA desaster ( Chris wrote as a comment: "DLNA support is pretty much crippled until ELAC updates the firmware"), the HW and the SW worlds collide ...