IGNORED

Article: Review | Wilson Audio Chronosonic XVX - Part 1, The Build

Reluctant though I may be to play the role of a naysayer, IMO this "Review" reads far more like an unpaid ad for Wilson Audio than anything else.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

37 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

No worries Alan. I suppose one could say this about my review of the RAAL-requisite SR1a headphones as well because I absolutely fell in love with them.

IMO, You are being unfair to yourself. Allow me to point out a very significant and fundamental difference between this "Review" (Ad?) and yours of the RAAL headphones. Unlike this "Review:, you raved about the product. You did not, however, endlessly heap superlatives on the manufacturer. Therein, IMO, lies the difference between a reviewer and a fanboy.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

1 hour ago, Danny Kaey said:

I am reviewing an experience and since the loudspeakers are inextricably tied to their namesake company and it’s CEO, the superlatives described are within my domain. Your mileage may vary, and therefore your corresponding accolades and admiration. I have been around this industry for 20+ years and have seen companies come and go; Wilson has remained an industry reference you simply can’t deny, no matter your personal subjective experience.

That’s all. 😉

That's fine as long as you don't consider a degree of objectivity to be an important characteristic of a review. I have been in this hobby for over 50 years and my experience over that period of time is the source of my viewpoint when it comes to assessing the value of a review.

That's all. 🙂