IGNORED

Sonore opticalModule Deluxe

opticalModule_dx_front.png.a3f7d9e3ff73066c696d8304e0aef343.png

The Sonore opticalModule Deluxe has been redesigned to improve some components and upgrade others.

So what's new?

Custom code for the network IC by John Swenson

Network IC by the premier network manufacture Broadcom
Network IC with internal low phase noise design  
Network IC with internal low noise regulation
Supports internal flow control for NAA streaming
Low latency design
On board low noise power pre-regulation
On board ultra low noise power regulation
On board ultra low phase noise oscillator for the network IC
100 percent galvanic isolation from the network via optical ethernet
Compatible with 100 speed ethernet devices 
(PS Audio Direct Stream, dCS Network Bridge, etc.)

Compatible with 1000 speed ethernet devices (SonicTransporter, and other music servers)
Can be used to isolate Sonore optical ethernet endpoints (opticalRendu and Signature Rendu optical)
Can be used to isolate optical ethernet DACs
Designed on the same form factor as the ultraRendu and opticalRendu

Supports the use of the Sonore dual faceplate
Includes a link LED

Includes LEDs on the ethernet connector that indicate 100/1000 speed streaming

Other Features
High-quality ultra low noise linear regulators
Fixed frequency high-quality ultra low jitter FEMTO oscillator

All connections are now on the rear faceplate
External power input jack
RJ45 connector

SFP cage with SFP fiber optic transceiver included
Power connector: 2.1mm x 5.5mm (center +)
Power input: 5-9 VDC
Dimension: 3.5"x2.2"x.7"
systemOptique Certified

opticalModule_dx_rear.png.d01330c76948077a12dea43f795ff16b.png

Link to product page: https://www.sonore.us/opticalModule-Deluxe.html

• vortecjr changed the title to Introducing the Sonore opticalModule Deluxe - Product Thread
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently ordered prototypes for testing. They should work because the design works well on a test board. We can make a medium size run based on parts available and expect it to sell out almost immediately because there is a long list of people waiting for them. We are sending dealers some units to sell as well. 

Design-wise and not giving out too much information, the oM had a good network IC, but now it has an excellent network IC. We have also updated the power circuits. We are very excited about the new opticalModule DX. We are planning to make a Signature opticalModule to accompany the Signature Rendu.  Both of these are single-box solutions with internal power supplies.  

I've had one on order for a month or so, I'd imagine a design change might relate to the difficulty of obtaining some component pieces, but will be interesting to see if it's just a typo.

Digital: ISP - Firewalla Gold - Audioquest Pearl ethernet - Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p Tiny w/ ROCK - Cisco 2960G w/ 20000ufd Nichicon FW & iFi iPower2 - OM-1 optical - Teradak T-S212 media converter - Audioquest Pearl - Pink Faun Lan Isolator

Analog: Rega 50th Anniversary P3 w/ Exact cartridge and Groovetracer subplatter, Cambridge Audio Alva Solo 

Amp: Naim Uniti Atom

Speakers: Dynaudio Excite X44, Supra Classic speaker cables, Audioquest banana plugs

44 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

There are design changes and the prototype should be the production run design if testing goes well. 

Any estimate of when they might ship? SGC was taking preorders to ship in June, seems like that won’t happen?

Digital: ISP - Firewalla Gold - Audioquest Pearl ethernet - Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p Tiny w/ ROCK - Cisco 2960G w/ 20000ufd Nichicon FW & iFi iPower2 - OM-1 optical - Teradak T-S212 media converter - Audioquest Pearl - Pink Faun Lan Isolator

Analog: Rega 50th Anniversary P3 w/ Exact cartridge and Groovetracer subplatter, Cambridge Audio Alva Solo 

Amp: Naim Uniti Atom

Speakers: Dynaudio Excite X44, Supra Classic speaker cables, Audioquest banana plugs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news…we are officially in production. No ETA though.

Here is some feedback from my testing this week:

1. Isolating 100 speed Ethernet devices with two units back to back working great.

2. Isolating 1000 speed Ethernet devices with two units back to back working great.

3. Rendu flow control working great even in combination with upstream devices that don’t support it or have it disabled.

4. Playback up to DSD 512 and PCM 384 working great.

5. Isolating opticalRendu and Signature Rendu working great.

John, great job on the design of the new opticalModule Deluxe!

9 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hmm… methinks you might be revealing the identity of your beta tester as there is only one person ‘round here who would upsample Pearl Jam to DSD1024 or PCM1.536M! 9_9

Our fearless leader and I both like Pearl Jam and it brought a smile to my face when I saw it:) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi Sonore

I have your previous iteration of the Optical Module Deluxe. 

I'm getting some issues with certain ethernet cables.. 

- Furutech Lan8 ncf ethernet (totally refuses to work with the optical module) 

- Tellurium Q Black diamond ethernet (can stream music but very frequent connection drops and interrupted music) 

when I asked in the forum some time back re the Furutech cable, someone mentioned it was possibly due to grounding/shielding through the cable connected on both ends to the ethernet plugs (I may be getting this wrong, but something to that effect). I am guessing the TQ cable is constructed similarly. 

may I ask if your new module addresses this issue, or whether you guys know of any workaround? 

On 9/4/2022 at 7:10 PM, AudioFiber said:

Is there any word on when the optical module deluxe might be back in stock?

We are in production and have some delays because of things outside of our control...chip shortages and availabilty instability.

Anyway, this week we received a partical shipment from the current production order. If you pre-ordered from SGC these units will ship out in the order from oldest to newest purchase. If you don't get a shipping notice soon you did not make the cut off.

BTW I will not open up orders on the Sonore website until we have proper inventory and I have asked SGC to do the same.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, Roasty said:

hi Sonore

I have your previous iteration of the Optical Module Deluxe. 

I'm getting some issues with certain ethernet cables.. 

- Furutech Lan8 ncf ethernet (totally refuses to work with the optical module) 

- Tellurium Q Black diamond ethernet (can stream music but very frequent connection drops and interrupted music) 

when I asked in the forum some time back re the Furutech cable, someone mentioned it was possibly due to grounding/shielding through the cable connected on both ends to the ethernet plugs (I may be getting this wrong, but something to that effect). I am guessing the TQ cable is constructed similarly. 

may I ask if your new module addresses this issue, or whether you guys know of any workaround? 

I dont have feedback on those products. Your best bet and what we use for testing is CAT 6a cables from Blue Jean Cables. These are tested, certified, and are not grounded/sheilded at the connector.