IGNORED

Need Help with HQPlayer - Steep learning curve!

24 minutes ago, FlashingBlade said:

Okay, so I've just started to use HQPlayer via Roon and more than a little overwhelmed with the amount of settings and variables. I have it up and running but, if I'm being honest, have no idea if I have it optimized for my DAC (Matrix Sabre X Pro, non-MQA). 

I know there are a lot of experienced users on here so was hoping someone could help ensure that I have 'the basics' correct. I appreciate specific filters will largely be down to personal taste. 

It related directly not only to personal preferences, but depends on your DAC features. You may want to ask Miska about settings recommended for your particular DAC in HQP thread. And, I am pretty sure some people already asked this - try to search in the thread :-)

1 hour ago, FlashingBlade said:

I have tried looking in the thread but its over 700 pages long. Even trying to find specifics when searching for Matrix Sabre is like trying to piece a jigsaw together.

I've attached how I've currently got it setup. 

Untitled.jpg

Hi, I searched the HQP thread with your DAC name. You may want to look on 19 Jan posts :-) Or, you may ask Miska in PM, he would answer you with more specifics. In any case, I would suggest you to direct your questions to dedicated HQP thread, there are many people who may help. My DAC is very different, it operates in PCM domain, my settings would be of no interest in your case. HQP is a great player, I am sure you will have lot of good experiences with it.